Sign in to follow this  
Jason Howell

3 FPS! where can i get it?

Great find! Wow, 'flicker free', that's sold me.

I can't even look at my old Amiga fave, F-18 interceptor, without grimacing at how bad it was. but back then, it was soooo good!

Great find! Wow, 'flicker free', that's sold me.

I can't even look at my old Amiga fave, F-18 interceptor, without grimacing at how bad it was. but back then, it was soooo good!

I never had the TRS but started on a Commodore 64 with one of the first versions of subLogic FS and also Jet when it had only a few colors on the screen and got about 3 fps, lol. Though it was great at the time but am certainly glad we have moved on since then. If I had to go back to simming on that old setup after experiencing what we have now I would probably quit this hobby completely.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

There's a really interesting video on YouTube showing the first MS flightsim to FSX, really shows how far it has come

Lee

Sent using Tapatalk

Same Here Commodore 64 with one of the first versions of subLogic FS hooked up to a Color Television and a single button Joystick. Moved up to a 286 when Sublogic

came out with Flight Assignment A.T.P (that i still have ) and a Copy of Sierra Pro Pilot with my Yoke that had Suction Cups to Stick it to the top of a table. Our Radio Shack

had a T 80 but so many People were playing it it Broke. We have Come A long way for Sure.

"...and nothing else" ROFL! Tape drive...yeah!

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Too right! I never owned a tape drive, I waited till I could afford a $350 floppy drive (4.5 inch I think?). What, I paid that much for a freaking drive??!!

Ha, I know why, those tape drives were sooo slow. Wait 10 mins to load, then it fails, start again. How things change..

This was my start into Microcomputers (IBM hadn't invented the words "Personal computer" back then). I made enough money, out of the software I wrote for my "Trash 80", to pay for my PPL.

Heady days indeed.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Way back when, I bought Bruce Artwick's FS1 for the Apple II on cassette tape.

If the program didn't load, the remedy was to "adjust the tone control on your cassette player and try again". :lol: