Sign in to follow this  
Ben Cap

I am officially Prepar3d

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all of your help. I am now proud to announce that I am a full member of the P3D 'family'!

This is vastly superior to FSX in just about everything. My FPS are through the roof! I am loving this!!

Thanks so much for everyone's support and help. This is a game-changer for me.. More people need to get on this sim! I think that if we can get out some serious benchmarks, they will speak for themselves to the rest of the community. :Big Grin:

Thanks for the report Ben. so what sort of fps improvements have you seen?

Hi Ben

I agree 100%, would be nice to get the flight sim community moving in P3D's direction. Maybe then, PMDG will change their mind and offer support for this platform.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all of your help. I am now proud to announce that I am a full member of the P3D 'family'!

This is vastly superior to FSX in just about everything. My FPS are through the roof! I am loving this!!

Thanks so much for everyone's support and help. This is a game-changer for me.. More people need to get on this sim! I think that if we can get out some serious benchmarks, they will speak for themselves to the rest of the community. :Big Grin:

Hi,

With P3D ver. 1.4 and just a couple of tweaks, I've seen a 10 to 12 fps increase over FSX. That's no small jump.

Thanks for the report Ben. so what sort of fps improvements have you seen?

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

thanks Mike, that IS a big jump! You have the biggest PSU I've ever heard of too!

Ben,

Nice new profile picture! LOL.

Are you sticking with the 10 bucks a month thing or will you buy the academic license (comparable to FSX's MSRP, IMO)? You still haven't showed me on Skype the GUI. :P

Are you sticking with the 10 bucks a month thing or will you buy the academic license (comparable to FSX's MSRP, IMO)? You still haven't showed me on Skype the GUI. :P

I started with the $10 dev license. Once it expires, I am purchasing the Acedemic License for home and training purposes. :biggrin:

I've seen a 10 to 12 fps increase over FSX.

In ORBX scenery, I've seen almost a 20FPS boost in heavy autogen in certain scenarios. - This is no exaggeration. For the first time ever, I can fly in ORBX scenery with the NGX and get 30FPS solid with the Ultra High preset. In FSX, my FPS would be around 17-18 FPS in the same scenario.

Dammit, Ben!!! You are such a tease! Hahahah I really have to get myself on the P3D bandwagon. If the performance is that good, just imagine how P3D 2.0 with DX11 will be!

What tweaks did you use? I really need to get P3D but also need to renew my Sim-Avionics license. :-( Money money money!

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

Ben,

You've got me thinking about trying this out now too. How difficult has it been poting over your FSX addons?

Do you have the watermark on yours? I'm curious what the watermark looks like.

Anthony

Hi Anthony,

Here is the watermark on mine

Under certain conditions it will be more visible but i dont notice it up in the corner when im flying

326reflect.jpg

-Paul-

The watermark never changes in size so it could be.

-Paul-

So Ben,

If yer happy, I'm happy, but what exactly does being an official family member mean??

Are you now our goto-Guy for P3D??

I hope you'll consider being our Oculus Rift goto-Guy, as well.

Congrats!

thanks & have a good day

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Ben,

You've got me thinking about trying this out now too. How difficult has it been poting over your FSX addons?

Do you have the watermark on yours? I'm curious what the watermark looks like.

Anthony

I don't have the acedemic liscence yet. - Once my dev liscence expires, I will then upgrade to the Acedemic. But, from what I have heard, the logo in the top right corner is hardly noticable.

Dammit, Ben!!! You are such a tease! Hahahah I really have to get myself on the P3D bandwagon. If the performance is that good, just imagine how P3D 2.0 with DX11 will be!

I've been a total skeptic of P3D for the past few months and I can clearly say that this is 100% worth the change. I would strongly encourage anyone who wants a much smoother and better performing sim to make the change!

As for the porting of addons, I am using the FSX to P3D migrator tool. - It works flawlessly and is almost 'brainless' to setup. All of my addons that I use regularly work perfectly. The switch over to P3D is much easier than most people think...

What tweaks did you use?

BP=0, FFTF=0.12, HIGHMEMFIX=1. - That's it...

Are you now our goto-Guy for P3D??

Sure I guess so. I'd be glad to test out things for anyone if you have any questions. :smile:

Why is there a watermark though (even if it's unnoticeable) if you actually bought the product? I would expect a watermark in a demo license (which they don't have) or something like that, but not the real product.

LM choose to add a watermark that's why its there :)

Its a question best emailed to LM imo

-Paul-