Sign in to follow this  
Ben Cap

I am officially Prepar3d

Im guessing that the watermark is also there to differentiate screenshots or vids clearly as sourced from p3d and not fsx. Of course we can always just crop it out...

Re:What tweaks did you use?

-----------------------------

BP=0, FFTF=0.12, HIGHMEMFIX=1. - That's it...

Ben,

How do you implement the above commands?

Start,cmd?

Thanks,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

The watermark is likely there to "discourage" use of the cheaper Academic License in commercial applications where the Professional License should be used.

Ben I MAY be in touch shortly.....I think it's time to try this. :) I was worried my PMDG stuff would not work, but now..... :)

As long as those and ActiveSky Evo work, Im in. :)

John Binner, MCDST
U.S. Dept Of Veteran Affairs, Senior IT Analyst

OI&T, SPM, Clinical Imaging

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler

Ben I MAY be in touch shortly.....I think it's time to try this. :) I was worried my PMDG stuff would not work, but now..... :)

As long as those and ActiveSky Evo work, Im in. :)

If you are not sure your addons are going to work, check the addon CHART.

How do you implement the above commands?

I simply edited the Prepar3d.CFG file.

I was under the impression that the HIGHMEMFIX tweak was not necessary with the P3D as the fix was included natively.

Can't remember where I read it though!

I was under the impression that the HIGHMEMFIX tweak was not necessary with the P3D as the fix was included natively.

I believe you are correct...

Hi,

The biggest jump (on my system) in performance comes from the BufferPools / UsePools=0 tweak. If you have a 2gb (or better) video board, you should be using this tweak, its responsible for at least a 10fps increase on my system. For those with 1gb cards or less, you may experience crashes with P3D, usually at the end of a flight when a major airport/scenery is being loaded into memory.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I believe you are correct...

This tweak is still in the P3d Learning Center though and that's from Lockheed Martin themselves so.. I would still throw it in just in case.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Welp.. Add me to the list.. After using 1.3 since release and now into 1.4.. I did it.. I buried FSX... No eulogy, no tears, no special ceremony. Just another uninstalled game in the history books.. Felt good to rid of it 100% finally... Thanks Ben and Word Not Allowed for being the determining factors and push to get me to finally do it.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Are you now our goto-Guy for P3D??

Sure I guess so. I'd be glad to test out things for anyone if you have any questions. :smile:

Sorry, I meant, just what does this mean for you, and for us? Do you now have an "in" to the Dev team?

C

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

More people need to get on this sim! I think that if we can get out some serious benchmarks, they will speak for themselves to the rest of the community. :Big Grin:

Oh, if only it were that simple!

I've been extremely interested from the get-go, but... I'm a GA guy, mostly IFR, who currently has 12 planes in his V-hangar. I use Reality XP's 430 and/or 530 in 11 of them. Not being able to use RXP and not having a viable alternative (having to revert to the standard FSX GPS' is not viable for me) is simply a flat-out showstopper for my use.

Oh, and the twelfth plane? Flight1's Mustang. :-(

I wish I could join the party,

Scott

Hi,

If the community shifts toward P3D, the addon developers will follow if they want to stay in business. So, you may end up with P3D support in the future.

I use Reality XP's 430 and/or 530 in 11 of them. Not being able to use RXP and not having a viable alternative (having to revert to the standard FSX GPS' is not viable for me) is simply a flat-out showstopper for my use.

Oh, and the twelfth plane? Flight1's Mustang. :-(

I wish I could join the party,

Scott

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

If the community shifts toward P3D, the addon developers will follow if they want to stay in business. So, you may end up with P3D support in the future.

Some will, some won't. In the case of these two developers in particular, the story is more complicated than simply having the community excited, which was what I was really driving at.

I don't expect a change in either of these any time soon, though perhaps someone else will step in and fill the gap with competing products if the audience grows.

Scott