Sign in to follow this  
Ben Cap

I am officially Prepar3d

I use Reality XP's 430 and/or 530 in 11 of them. Not being able to use RXP and not having a viable alternative (having to revert to the standard FSX GPS' is not viable for me) is simply a flat-out showstopper for my use.

its kept me from being 100% P3D as most of my flying is GA or similiar. There needs to be a alternative , realistic Garmin 530 with updatable navdata that is P3D compatible.

+100

It only makes sense for people to move over to P3D. If the reluctant crowd would move over, the devs would follow. It only makes sense for companies to follow the money. At the moment, the money if with FSX. But, in the future, this could very easily change.

As far as I am concerned, I don't really want to support developers that don't give support P3D. The only companies that will be getting my money are Carenado, ORBx and FSDT at the moment. I am sure that more will follow as this small community grows.

Hi,

If the community shifts toward P3D, the addon developers will follow if they want to stay in business. So, you may end up with P3D support in the future.

With the performance gains as shown by Word Not Allowed we could see a move based on people with older hardware ( like me ) trying to squeeze a few more fps from there sim :)

As i type this im sat at Ants YBBN with 100% UT2 Traffic ( its not a lot at that airport ) with Orbx AUS sp4 as my scenery and depending on what the ai is doing im ranging between 24 and 30fps ( locked ) with my CS737-200 on the external view with a retro Qantas repaint listening to the tower as they all take off and land :)

-Paul-

Unfortunately a lot of my add-on airports don't work, and I didn't see the F1 Mustang listed. But I may give it a shot just for the heck of it.

Hi,

That's very strange, I've found addon airports to be easy to get working in P3D. What airports don't work?.

Unfortunately a lot of my add-on airports don't work

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Im running both sims side by side and with the P3D launch app i find myself flying a lot more with P3D than fsx now :)

-Paul-

With the performance gains as shown by Word Not Allowed we could see a move based on people with older hardware ( like me ) trying to squeeze a few more fps from there sim :)

OT but you could easily get at least an extra ghz out of your 920 if you are still running it at 2.6. I've got mine running at 3.8 for more than 2 years already.

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

yeah i could but its my wifes cpu ( she has mine ), she cooked it to the point it changed colour underneath it and she was not overlcocking so now it has major issues, it corrupts the cmos on boot, that's when its decides to boot and i wont even go into how many bsod's i have in a day, but by her having my cpu i get to upgrade to a nice i7 3770K :)

I do have a small overclock but nothing great.

-Paul-

I understand.... I'm married as well :Whistle:

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Hi,

That's very strange, I've found addon airports to be easy to get working in P3D. What airports don't work?.

The compatibility list showed I believe FSDT airports not working. Can't live without KLAX!

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

Hi,

All, FSDT, Cloud 9 (KMCO), and Flight Beam airports are working fine.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi,

All, FSDT, Cloud 9, and Flight Beam are working fine.

Cool. Thanks.

It only makes sense for people to move over to P3D. If the reluctant crowd would move over, the devs would follow. It only makes sense for companies to follow the money

It makes very little sense for me to move over, much as I'd like to, since what I do doesn't work in P3D. You may want more to move and I get that, but that doesn't negate the fact that it really doesn't make sense for some of us to do it.

No matter how many enthusiasts make the move, some developers will NEVER move over, because your statement "the devs would follow" and your following comment about "follow the money" don't correlate for some of them, e.g. those who are also heavily invested in commercial products. It is simply more complicated than enthusiast numbers for some developers.

Hopefully some product voids will be offset by new developers' products, but that day isn't today for me. I wish it was.

Scott

It makes very little sense for me to move over, much as I'd like to, since what I do doesn't work in P3D. You may want more to move and I get that, but that doesn't negate the fact that it really doesn't make sense for some of us to do it.

No matter how many enthusiasts make the move, some developers will NEVER move over, because your statement "the devs would follow" and your following comment about "follow the money" don't correlate for some of them, e.g. those who are also heavily invested in commercial products. It is simply more complicated than enthusiast numbers for some developers.

Hopefully some product voids will be offset by new developers' products, but that day isn't today for me. I wish it was.

Scott

The same was said when FSX was released and many developers hung on to FS9. If P3D evolves into what we all hope it will, then watch how all these well known developers follow where the demand is.

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️