Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ben Cap

I am officially Prepar3d

Are you now our goto-Guy for P3D??

Sure I guess so. I'd be glad to test out things for anyone if you have any questions. :smile:

Sorry, I meant, just what does this mean for you, and for us? Do you now have an "in" to the Dev team?

C

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

More people need to get on this sim! I think that if we can get out some serious benchmarks, they will speak for themselves to the rest of the community. :Big Grin:

Oh, if only it were that simple!

I've been extremely interested from the get-go, but... I'm a GA guy, mostly IFR, who currently has 12 planes in his V-hangar. I use Reality XP's 430 and/or 530 in 11 of them. Not being able to use RXP and not having a viable alternative (having to revert to the standard FSX GPS' is not viable for me) is simply a flat-out showstopper for my use.

Oh, and the twelfth plane? Flight1's Mustang. :-(

I wish I could join the party,

Scott

Hi,

If the community shifts toward P3D, the addon developers will follow if they want to stay in business. So, you may end up with P3D support in the future.

I use Reality XP's 430 and/or 530 in 11 of them. Not being able to use RXP and not having a viable alternative (having to revert to the standard FSX GPS' is not viable for me) is simply a flat-out showstopper for my use.

Oh, and the twelfth plane? Flight1's Mustang. :-(

I wish I could join the party,

Scott

If the community shifts toward P3D, the addon developers will follow if they want to stay in business. So, you may end up with P3D support in the future.

Some will, some won't. In the case of these two developers in particular, the story is more complicated than simply having the community excited, which was what I was really driving at.

I don't expect a change in either of these any time soon, though perhaps someone else will step in and fill the gap with competing products if the audience grows.

Scott

Hi,

+1,000

I use Reality XP's 430 and/or 530 in 11 of them. Not being able to use RXP and not having a viable alternative (having to revert to the standard FSX GPS' is not viable for me) is simply a flat-out showstopper for my use.

its kept me from being 100% P3D as most of my flying is GA or similiar. There needs to be a alternative , realistic Garmin 530 with updatable navdata that is P3D compatible.

+100

It only makes sense for people to move over to P3D. If the reluctant crowd would move over, the devs would follow. It only makes sense for companies to follow the money. At the moment, the money if with FSX. But, in the future, this could very easily change.

As far as I am concerned, I don't really want to support developers that don't give support P3D. The only companies that will be getting my money are Carenado, ORBx and FSDT at the moment. I am sure that more will follow as this small community grows.

Hi,

With the performance gains as shown by Word Not Allowed we could see a move based on people with older hardware ( like me ) trying to squeeze a few more fps from there sim :)

As i type this im sat at Ants YBBN with 100% UT2 Traffic ( its not a lot at that airport ) with Orbx AUS sp4 as my scenery and depending on what the ai is doing im ranging between 24 and 30fps ( locked ) with my CS737-200 on the external view with a retro Qantas repaint listening to the tower as they all take off and land :)

Unfortunately a lot of my add-on airports don't work, and I didn't see the F1 Mustang listed. But I may give it a shot just for the heck of it.

Hi,

That's very strange, I've found addon airports to be easy to get working in P3D. What airports don't work?.

Unfortunately a lot of my add-on airports don't work

Im running both sims side by side and with the P3D launch app i find myself flying a lot more with P3D than fsx now :)

With the performance gains as shown by Word Not Allowed we could see a move based on people with older hardware ( like me ) trying to squeeze a few more fps from there sim :)

OT but you could easily get at least an extra ghz out of your 920 if you are still running it at 2.6. I've got mine running at 3.8 for more than 2 years already.

yeah i could but its my wifes cpu ( she has mine ), she cooked it to the point it changed colour underneath it and she was not overlcocking so now it has major issues, it corrupts the cmos on boot, that's when its decides to boot and i wont even go into how many bsod's i have in a day, but by her having my cpu i get to upgrade to a nice i7 3770K :)

I do have a small overclock but nothing great.

Hi,

That's very strange, I've found addon airports to be easy to get working in P3D. What airports don't work?.

The compatibility list showed I believe FSDT airports not working. Can't live without KLAX!

Hi,

All, FSDT, Cloud 9 (KMCO), and Flight Beam airports are working fine.

Hi,

All, FSDT, Cloud 9, and Flight Beam are working fine.

Cool. Thanks.

It only makes sense for people to move over to P3D. If the reluctant crowd would move over, the devs would follow. It only makes sense for companies to follow the money

It makes very little sense for me to move over, much as I'd like to, since what I do doesn't work in P3D. You may want more to move and I get that, but that doesn't negate the fact that it really doesn't make sense for some of us to do it.

No matter how many enthusiasts make the move, some developers will NEVER move over, because your statement "the devs would follow" and your following comment about "follow the money" don't correlate for some of them, e.g. those who are also heavily invested in commercial products. It is simply more complicated than enthusiast numbers for some developers.

Hopefully some product voids will be offset by new developers' products, but that day isn't today for me. I wish it was.

Scott

It makes very little sense for me to move over, much as I'd like to, since what I do doesn't work in P3D. You may want more to move and I get that, but that doesn't negate the fact that it really doesn't make sense for some of us to do it.

No matter how many enthusiasts make the move, some developers will NEVER move over, because your statement "the devs would follow" and your following comment about "follow the money" don't correlate for some of them, e.g. those who are also heavily invested in commercial products. It is simply more complicated than enthusiast numbers for some developers.

Hopefully some product voids will be offset by new developers' products, but that day isn't today for me. I wish it was.

Scott

The same was said when FSX was released and many developers hung on to FS9. If P3D evolves into what we all hope it will, then watch how all these well known developers follow where the demand is.

The same was said when FSX was released and many developers hung on to FS9.

This is a completely different scenario, where following the money may not mean what you think it does.

I'll let it go.

Scott