Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Midnight Music

Aircraft in Sim Objects folder not appearing

Well, I've installed the new 1.4 academic version and I'm on my way to switching over from FSX. I have a small question, there are aircraft in the sim objects folder that do not appear in the aircraft menu in the sim. I am very curious if there's an explanation for that?

One small complaint is the whole ATC window thing and the way it blocks and pauses the sim, but I have feeling that will get better down the road.

Lee

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Well, I've installed the new 1.4 academic version and I'm on my way to switching over from FSX. I have a small question, there are aircraft in the sim objects folder that do not appear in the aircraft menu in the sim. I am very curious if there's an explanation for that?

One small complaint is the whole ATC window thing and the way it blocks and pauses the sim, but I have feeling that will get better down the road.

Lee

They are AI and probably not part of the agreement w/ MS to be flyable aircraft.

Thanks for the info Bill. Well, now that MS seems to be leaving flight simming for good, maybe they will finally let go and let others develop away to their hearts content!

Lee