Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clutch Cargo

2 displays drop down to lowest resolution when adding a 3rd display?

Let me explain clearer. I have a 2nd PC to run my gauges and whatever else I plan to run outside of FSX. (1st PC will be three 27" in Nvidia Surround running FSX).

Ok, so on this 2nd PC I have an AMD 6970 GPU with the 1st display 27" at 1920x1080, and a 2nd display 60" HDTV also at 1920x1080. Both are running as duplicate displays (not extended), and working just how I want them to.

Now I am adding a small 12.1' LCD for my cockpit to run some gauges. I also want this as a duplicate display. This display runs at a smaller resolution. As soon as I connect this up, the 27" and 60" drop in resolution down to the 12' display!

Can this be prevented so each can run their own maximum resolution?

Is there a certain order or connections that need to be used with the AMD card for this to happen?

For that 3rd 12' display connection I am using a mini DP (back of 6970 card), -to-DVI (which is an active DP adapter). Then from the DVI into the display which has a DVI port.

So surely some of you cockbuilders have come across this situation? Any input, ideas most appreciated. In the meantime I will try different cable configs to see if the order makes any difference.

thx,

Clutch

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!