Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clutch Cargo

2 displays drop down to lowest resolution when adding a 3rd display?

Let me explain clearer. I have a 2nd PC to run my gauges and whatever else I plan to run outside of FSX. (1st PC will be three 27" in Nvidia Surround running FSX).

Ok, so on this 2nd PC I have an AMD 6970 GPU with the 1st display 27" at 1920x1080, and a 2nd display 60" HDTV also at 1920x1080. Both are running as duplicate displays (not extended), and working just how I want them to.

Now I am adding a small 12.1' LCD for my cockpit to run some gauges. I also want this as a duplicate display. This display runs at a smaller resolution. As soon as I connect this up, the 27" and 60" drop in resolution down to the 12' display!

Can this be prevented so each can run their own maximum resolution?

Is there a certain order or connections that need to be used with the AMD card for this to happen?

For that 3rd 12' display connection I am using a mini DP (back of 6970 card), -to-DVI (which is an active DP adapter). Then from the DVI into the display which has a DVI port.

So surely some of you cockbuilders have come across this situation? Any input, ideas most appreciated. In the meantime I will try different cable configs to see if the order makes any difference.

thx,

Clutch

socal-realinto-450.jpg

simwestFOTOREAL series
Photoreal scenery you'll want to fly thru, not over

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

22%
    $5,540.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now