Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

I'm not buying LM Prepar3d.....

... because I already bought it :-)

Ok, guys, please point me to the last "Official" list of tweaks...

I know it sums up to just a few entries, and I remember having seen one of Word Not Allowed's posts with it, but I couldn't manage to find it in the many posts here at the Forum...

I am starting with the monthly subscription while I try to make my mind about it :-)

Thx in advance for your help

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Heres what I'm using and very pleased with the results:

[bUFFERPOOLS]

UsePools=0

PoolSize=0

[Main]

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.30 (tried lower but the blurries in ORBX KSEA area showed up too fast in the Hornet doing 400+ Knots)

[GRAPHICS]

HIGHMEMFIX=1 (may not be required but stuck it in anyways)

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=14

All items were added to the original cfg. It holds 30FPS steadily occassionally dropping to the mid 20's running most sliders maxxed. Thats what I'm using, mileage may vary. One of these days i'll add my PC specs to my profile but for now I'm running a 2700K @ 4.7Ghz and a 480GTX.

[bUFFERPOOLS]

UsePools=0

[Main]

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.12

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=14

Thanks for your suggestions :-)

Just one more thing... Not having any fancy hardware (yet), and although I did download the latest release of FSUIPC already tailored for P3D1.4, should I really benefit from using FSUIPC? Back in FSX it installed a modified g3d.dll which solved some major problems with the sim, but, do I still need it in P3D?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

should I really benefit from using FSUIPC? Back in FSX it installed a modified g3d.dll which solved some major problems with the sim, but, do I still need it in P3D?

I reccomend that you use FSUIPC to smooth out your winds in FSX so you don't get any rapids shifting. Also, I like to use FSUIPC to assign all of my keys and axes.

I reccomend that you use FSUIPC to smooth out your winds in FSX

yes, I used it for that, but is it still required in LM Prepar3d?

Main Simulation Rig:

yes, I used it for that, but is it still required in LM Prepar3d?

FSX or P3D does not "require" FSUIPC. They will run without it. Some addons require it for communication to gauges etc. and it also has many very nice features.

Hi,

Not sure what you mean by not having fancy hardware, just keep in mind that the bufferpools=0 tweak requires a video board with memory greater than 1gb. If you do not have this, you may experience P3D CTD's sometime during your flight. It usually happens during descent when major scenery and/or addon airport textures load into the sim.

Just one more thing... Not having any fancy hardware (yet)

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Thx. Michael, et. al. ...

My graphics card is 1GB, so, I do not plan to use the BP Tweak :-)

Fancy hardware in terms of yoke/pedals/TQ... I have a simple Saitek x52 Pro, just that. I used to have many more with FSX, and I did use FSUIPC to set it properly for Dodosim206, etc...

I will still install FSUIPC then, anyway...

And. BTW, the "Migration Tool" for FSX2LMP3D transition of add-ons requires FSX to be installed or ot creates a fake FSX folder so that the original installers can be "fooled"?

Main Simulation Rig:

And. BTW, the "Migration Tool" for FSX2LMP3D transition of add-ons requires FSX to be installed or ot creates a fake FSX folder so that the original installers can be "fooled"?

The migration tool will work fine in a P3D stand alone installation. It will create a Virtual FSX installation. it doesnt require FSX, Xplane, FLIGHT, Flight Gear or any other SIM :)

it doesnt require FSX, Xplane, FLIGHT, Flight Gear or any other SIM :)

Oops! I have X-Plane10 installed :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Just one more question...

What about running full screen vs windowed mode? Does it have impact on the fps?

Main Simulation Rig: