Sign in to follow this  
Darth Mop

Better hardware support with Prepar3D?

Hi,

my current hardware is a i7 2600k (overclocked to 5.15 Ghz), GF 580 + GF 590 and 8GB RAM, unfortunately I have serious problems with FSX, while FS2004 brings me 100-120fps and computer games actually "fly" with this hardware, I get 6fps in FSX with the Aerosoft Anchorage scenery and the 737 NGX, (other aiports give me an average of 10-16fps)

I opened a thread in the mainboard forum of avsim, and allmost everyone told me, that this hardware is a useless waste, and also that FSX does not support two GFX cards. Now some people recommend "Prepar3D". What about me? Would it be a good investment? I mean does it support two GFX cards and what about the fps?

greets,

Hello

It will not run a lot better, unless there is actually something amiss with your particular FSX install.

Might be worth a try for a month @ $10, then cancel if it is no better.

You need to find out why your present hardware is not working correctly with FSX, P3D is the same codebase with a few bug fixes.

FSX is a strange beast, You should have no problems with performance at 5.15Ghz and a GTX 580.

I have the same Hardware as you, EXCEPT im not running 5.15ghz, Im running 4.5ghz .With FSX I get 30FPS Aerosoft Anchorage, NGX and Ultimate traffic. Using Prepar3D and same scenerio I may get 1 to 2 more FPS and smoother. I dont belelieve P3D is going to solve your performance problems other than the fact it would be a new clean install. You have way more going on than just FSX being your problem. Did you not hash out this performance issue in another thread?

no serious change with tweaking, its strange enough that the hardware upgrade brought no change at all :(

Darth,

I know you asked about performance in another thread and there were a number of suggestions made. I recall you overclocked based on something you found on youtube.

Did you end up stress testing and checking CPU temps while under load when running intel burn test or Prime 95?

There is something seriously wrong with either your hardware setup or your FSX setup if you are only getting 6FPS in FSX.

I'd like to help you out if I can, feel free to send me a PM or we could revisit this in the other thread you started. :smile: