Sign in to follow this  
FTD1949

EZCA problems

Hi All,

Having problems with EZCA when loading P3D. I get multiple windows popping up with the message: "Class not registered"

Any help would be appreciated.

I managed to get it working without trouble by following the steps specified in this post from the Ezidok SimForum, which I have set out below. I did not change the name of the p3d exe file to fsx, as I read elsewhere that that could cause dramas.

I can't now be sure whether I also reinstalled Ezca using the FSX2P3D tool, but I think that I did.

"This is a EXE file only with P3D support.

1. Restore original Prepar3D.exe file name.

2. Go to Program Files\EZCA folder and backup old EZCA.EXE file (rename ECZA.EXE to any name)

3. Unrar this archive to Program Files\EZCA folder.

4. Run P3D.

Is this working ? Report back to me.

I not make patch for configure tool! For configuration P3D , follow steps which has offered Jean-PauleM

http://forum.avsim.n...60#entry2119760

Also i can not support P3D now because i have not P3D license bit in v2.0 i will support P3D."

Jeff Hunter

are you running a FSX P3D side by side setup? if so, i would recommend you take the archive that Jeff had linked to above, and rename it to something like EZCA_P3D.exe. place it into your EZCA installation folder.

then copy the exe.xml file from %appdata%\micrsoft\fsx and place it into %appdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D

clean out the programs that are not used in your P3D installation and change the reference from EZCA.exe to EZCA_P3D.exe

Is the rar file fairly new? I mean newer than what was available Tues.? That's when I d/l it and followed the same steps.

I don't have FSX installed. Only P3D.

I haven't had FSX on my machine for quite some time now. Got tired of CTD's and stutters.

The Prepar3D "aware" version of EZCA was only made available on support forum and isn't officially part of the distribution.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I don't understand what it's not being part of the official distribution has to do with anything.

did you create the exe.xml file so that it will load EZCA when P3D launches?

Hi All,

I changed the xml exe in AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D directory.

Here is a copy of the file. Apparently I'm getting closer because I don't get the "class not registered" message but something must not be correct because Ezcam does not launch.

?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">

<Type='Launch'

version='1,0'><Descr>Launch</Descr><Filename>exe.xml</Filename><Disabled>False

/Disabled><Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.Manual<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA

\EZCA.exe</Path>

<NewConsole>True</NewConsole></Launch.Addon></SimBase.Document>

I've never created or edited an xml file so any help would be appreciated.

The creation of an .xml file is:

Open notepad.

Paste the code into notepad.

Save as "exe.xml"

done

The syntax of that file does not entirely accord with what I think is required. Or did the cut and paste into the thread go awry? My exe.xml is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="WINDOWS-1252"?>

-<SimBase.Document version="1,0" Type="Launch"><Descr>Launch</Descr><Filename>exe.xml</Filename><Disabled>False</Disabled><Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>-<Launch.Addon> <Name>EZdok camera addon</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe</Path> <NewConsole>True</NewConsole></Launch.Addon></SimBase.Document>

Have you downloaded and substituted the "tweaked" EZCA.exe for the default 1.17 version?

Have you added the code to the .cfg files for the aircraft you want EZCA to work in?

cheers,

jeff

Jeff Hunter

Guest Jeff M Lichtman

This drove me crazy but I finally fixed it. Are you using the migration tool from flight Estonia? If so then it has created a virtual fsx folder to trick apps into thinking FSX is running. It also gives you a "Legacy Prepar3d" start up which launches the fake fsx.exe to launch p3d instead of the prepar3d.exe. If you launch from the Legacy P3d then you won't receive the error message and ezdok will run properly, at least it did for me.

All,

I'm using EzDok vs.1.12 for some reason I am unable to install any updates. I get a file missing error. I am using the Flight sim Estonia migration tool. My P3D is stand alone as I do not have FSX installed. I removed it a few months ago. I've tried using it in the Legacy as well as the P3D mode and still can't get it to run. I installed a copy of the XML file another person on here provided me and still nothing. I installed the P3D EZCA executable and still can't get it to work. Looks like I will be waiting for EZCA to offer it's software for P3D. I'll be happy to purchase it again. I don't know what else I can do.