Sign in to follow this  
Guest do_denver2

Diving In

Guest Jeff M Lichtman

After my brand new top of the line rig was brought to its knees by Orbx, I'm going Prepar3d. Intalling now.

Has anyone got AS2012 to work on a remote computer?

What about Radar Contact? (not on remote computer)

Hi,

Yep, I have Wdiw Client, AS2012, Radar Contact, FS Commander and FTG-ACARS working via network.

===================

Configuring Simconnect

===================

1.Folders to share: Please Note: Your Directory/Folder setup will be different, adjust accordingly.

A. D:\P3D = (Your Prepared Main Drive/Folder)

B. C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D

C. C:\Users\Mike\My Documents\Prepar3D Files

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The folders shown above (your folders will be different) should be shared with read/write permissions

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Your P3D Computer is the server computer (Copy WideServer.dll & WideServer.ini into P3D's "MODULES" folder).

3. Your networked computer is the client.

4. Your firewall software must be configured to allow SimConnect communications on port 500,

this includes windows firewall and applies to all computers, both SERVER and CLIENT(s).

5. There are two files which must be configured on the server, they are:

A. SimConnect.xml | Location - C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D

B. SimConnect.ini | Location - C:\Users\Mike\My Documents\Prepar3D Files

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: You MUST copy the fsx.cfg file into your Clinet's C:\Users\Mike\My Documents\Prepar3d Files Folder

This is required for AS2012. If you do not have you, copy Prepard3D.cfg file into this directory and rename

it fsx.cfg.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: You must change the address to match your system/Setup.

--------------------

SimConnect.xml

--------------------

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" ?>

- <SimBase.Document Type="SimConnect" version="1,0">

<Descr>SimConnect</Descr>

<Filename>SimConnect.xml</Filename>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

- <SimConnect.Comm>

<Protocol>IPv4</Protocol>

<Scope>global</Scope>

<Address>192.168.0.40</Address>

<MaxClients>64</MaxClients>

<Port>500</Port>

<MaxRecvSize>4096</MaxRecvSize>

<DisableNagle>False</DisableNagle>

</SimConnect.Comm>

- <SimConnect.Comm>

<Protocol>Auto</Protocol>

<Scope>local</Scope>

</SimConnect.Comm>

</SimBase.Document>

-------------------

SimConnect.ini

-------------------

[simConnect]

level=verbose

console=0

;RedirectStdOutToConsole=1

;OutputDebugString=1

;file=c:\simconnect%03u.log

;file_next_index=0

;file_max_index=9

10. Copy the simconnect.msi to all client computers and run the file.

11. Copy the SimConnect.cfg file into the following folder on all client computers.

A. C:\Users\Michael\My Documents

--------------------

SimConnect.cfg

--------------------

[simConnect]

Protocol=IPv4

Address=192.168.0.40

Port=500

MaxReceiveSize=4096

DisableNagle=0

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Guest Jeff M Lichtman

Thanks alot, I actually got AS 2012 working for FSX networked, so I'll have to scan your notes and see if there are any differences for P3D. How do you like RC4 networked? I like the idea but for me it's a bit of a dealbreaker if the sound comes out of the client because I have a nice set of surround headphones on my main rig.

Hi,

I love it on the network, keeps the text screen off my flight monitors. Guess for the sound, maybe you can run a (Y) splitter so the headphones are connected to both computers.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

You could connect a cable with a male stereo 3.5 jack on each side from the Line Out connector on the client PC to the Line In connector of your FSX PC and use the soundmixer to set the volume to your liking

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Guest Jeff M Lichtman

Thanks guys! Extremely tempting until I remembered that they're USB headphones.... Oh well. THey only thing I don't like is having to window out of the sim to start RC. By the way how is your performance so far over FSX? I'm just starting to load up the add ons, so we'll see what happens.

Thanks guys! Extremely tempting until I remembered that they're USB headphones.... Oh well. .

That shouldn't be a problem

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Just curious or maybe I missed something, how did your rig get brought to it's knees by Orbx??????

Guest Jeff M Lichtman

8-12 FPS at some Orbx airports, like W16. Running FSGlobal, UTX, GEX, REX, AS2012, UT2 and maxed or nearly maxed sliders.

I have Orbx North Pacific and NZ ( no add-on airports though) . I don't have UTX and GEX for those areas as my understanding is that they are not required with Orbx scenery. My Frame rates are good with my humble system, 25+

Guest Jeff M Lichtman

What do you get around Seattle? Some of those little airports are total killers. Also do you run much AI traffic?