Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Music

What are you doing for real weather and ai?

P3D is really impressive. I am slowly adapting to it and the tweaks suggested here have really helped a lot!

I miss real weather and ai, what are you all doing for those? I have UT2 in FSX and it works really well, but they say they have no plans to adapt it for P3D.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Hi,

Yep, I'm also using AS2012 via network and My Traffic as well.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

i use AS2012 although i have to make sure to run it before P3D, otherwise everything turns into a light blue texture for some reason

REX-Essential for weather... but due to Flight1's stance on porting products, I haven't moved UT2.

I have Rex Essential so I need to go read their manual on how to download real weather and implement it into P3D.

Lee

Lee H

Hi Lee,

It's very straightforward. You buy a p3d key by way of the Configuration page, and then make sure that your "Simulator Folder Location" is pointing at your p3d root directory.

cheers,

jeff

Jeff Hunter

light blue texture for some reason

Seen that before when starting. Think it may be a simconnect deal?

For Weather i swap between ASE and Rex E and AI im using UT2. Working very very well for me :)

I hope in time Flight1 will have a rethink as no one knows how many new FSX disc's there is out there, If MS have stopped pressing them ( as part of the end of support that happened this year ) then it will have a negative effect on future sales for all addon developers when the last remaining stock dries up.

We need the developers to support p3d not the publishers as they just sell what the developers make.

-Paul-

I use AS2012 via simconnect. And FSreal time via FSwide. I copied all my traffic files (mainly WOAI) and AI over from FSX. All works fine.

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Real Environment Essential for weather.

MyTraffic3D 5.4a for traffic.

They both work absolutely great! Just make sure you don't install any of the REXe water textures, they KILL performance.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

I'm using REX essential for weather. I also have Ultimate Traffic 2. It functions just fine on Prepar3d but it seems to cause a much greater framerate hit compared to FSX. I can run it fine on OrbX, but Mega Airports will be reduced to <10 framerates with UT2 running.

I really wish Flight 1 would optimize the product for Prepar3D, but I don't think that's going to happen.

I tried Rex Essential weather download and it worked fine. I like that you can see what is going on at your selected airports even before you load P3D. As for water textures, I do use the REX Essential textures and I notice no slow down in FPS. Philip, are you sure you about that? Maybe you have Bathymetry on or some other heavy setting active.

Lee

Lee H