Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Music

What are you doing for real weather and ai?

I have REX Essentials - they should have stayed with textures..

LOl. Tru. I find their weather engine, networked using simconnect, almost not useablel. AS2012 is a breeze.

The issue i have is not one single weather engine can do what i want it to and they never will due to poor metars being incomplete or they cant be reached or out of date..

What we need is a cloud engine that can take a satellite image of cloud cover and translate that in to the sim and then deal with the winds secondary to that, i would rather have 80 to 90% correct global cloud cover than 100% correct wind speed but no one wants to do that :(

-Paul-

Just make sure you don't install any of the REXe water textures, they KILL performance.

Philip, this is why we have included the DXT1 option for water.

What we need is a cloud engine that can take a satellite image of cloud cover and translate that in to the sim

We are already experimenting with this.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Hi,

Just curious, is the AI Aircrafts that running in FSX, fully compatible with Prepar3D?

I read a post in this AVSIM forum, that you just have to copy the aircraft and the schedule (.bgl) file into the right folder..

and it works... Is that true?

BR.

Tri

Hi,

Not sure about that, but there is another option. I run MyTraffic, this program was specifically made for P3D. Would be nice if UT2 was made available for P3D, but my understanding is that will not happen.

Hi,

Just curious, is the AI Aircrafts that running in FSX, fully compatible with Prepar3D?

I read a post in this AVSIM forum, that you just have to copy the aircraft and the schedule (.bgl) file into the right folder..

BR.

Tri

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi,

Yep, I'm also using AS2012 via network and My Traffic as well.

Mike, what did you have to do to get AS2012 working? I would like to get it installed on a networked pc as well.

Hi,

This is how I setup my network.

===================

Configuring Simconnect

===================

1.Folders to share:

A. D:\P3D (This is your Prepar3D Main folder, your drive and folder may be different than mine)

B. C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D (Mike shown in the path statement will change to the user name your using)

C. C:\Users\Mike\My Documents\Prepar3D Files (Mike shown in the path statement will change to the user name your using)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The folders shown above should be shared with read/write permissions

Once the Read/Write is setup, all that's left is to map the drives on the

client computer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Your P3D Computer is the server computer (Copy WideServer.dll & WideServer.ini into P3D's "MODULES" folder).

3. Your networked computer is the client.

4. Your firewall software must be configured to allow SimConnect communications on port xxx, You can pick a port (I use 500), just make sure the

port you select is the same in all config files, this includes windows firewall and applies to all computers, both SERVER and CLIENT(s).

5. There are two files which must be configured on the server, they are:

A. SimConnect.xml | Location - C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D (Mike shown in the path statement will change to the user name your using)

B. SimConnect.ini | Location - C:\Users\Mike\My Documents\Prepar3D Files (Mike shown in the path statement will change to the user name your using)

Note: If your unable to see the AppData folder, you must allow hidden files and folders to be shown from within Windows

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: AS2012 use with Prepar3D: You MUST copy an fsx.cfg file into your Servers C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D

Folder (Mike shown in the path statement will change to the user name your using)

This is a required config file for AS2012. If you do not have an fsx.cfg file, just make a copy of your prepar3d.cfg and rename it fsx.cfg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

==========================================================

All you need to do is just change the IP Address to yours and select a port

==========================================================

--------------------

SimConnect.xml

--------------------

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" ?>

- <SimBase.Document Type="SimConnect" version="1,0">

<Descr>SimConnect</Descr>

<Filename>SimConnect.xml</Filename>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

- <SimConnect.Comm>

<Protocol>IPv4</Protocol>

<Scope>global</Scope>

<Address>192.168.0.40</Address>

<MaxClients>64</MaxClients>

<Port>500</Port>

<MaxRecvSize>4096</MaxRecvSize>

<DisableNagle>False</DisableNagle>

</SimConnect.Comm>

- <SimConnect.Comm>

<Protocol>Auto</Protocol>

<Scope>local</Scope>

</SimConnect.Comm>

</SimBase.Document>

-------------------

SimConnect.ini

-------------------

[simConnect]

level=verbose

console=0

;RedirectStdOutToConsole=1

;OutputDebugString=1

;file=c:\simconnect%03u.log

;file_next_index=0

;file_max_index=9

10. Copy the simconnect.msi to all client computers and run the file.

11. Copy the SimConnect.cfg file into the following folder on all client computers.

A. C:\Users\Michael\My Documents (Michael shown in the path statement will change to the user name your using)

--------------------

SimConnect.cfg

--------------------

[simConnect]

Protocol=IPv4

Address=192.168.0.40

Port=500

MaxReceiveSize=4096

DisableNagle=0

Hope this helps

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Copy the simconnect.msi

What Simconnect.msi or where do you find it? If you do not have the FSX SDK installed you wont have one? What is the P3D equivalent of the Simconnect.msi in their SDK package.

Hi,

BR.

Tri

I use WOAI BGL's and AI from various AI makers, they all work fine. Even older PAI AI.. I made a separate folder in my simobjets folder. Named it "AI Aircraft". I install all my AI into that folder. You need to add an entry to the P3D cfg file to activate the folder. All my traffic bgl's go to Scenery \world\scenery file.

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Hi,

Here is a link to the SimConnect.msi file. http://www.positiong.../SimConnect.msi

Since this file is not under my direct control, make sure you check the download with a virus program.

What Simconnect.msi or where do you find it? If you do not have the FSX SDK installed you wont have one? What is the P3D equivalent of the Simconnect.msi in their SDK package.

Thanks Mike. I have it the FSX and P3D SDK installed but it may be helpful for others. Prepar3D simconnect doesnt use the MSI installer on the client and thats why its not included or doesn't exsist in their SDK. (I dont think but I dont know and don't care ! that the MSI can be distrubuted outside a software title).LM has come up with another way of doing it. That doesnt mean its not backwards compat so no one get confused. Im trying to readup and study how they are implementing SC. They've actually taken it to a new level.

I use WOAI BGL's and AI from various AI makers, they all work fine. Even older PAI AI.. I made a separate folder in my simobjets folder. Named it "AI Aircraft". I install all my AI into that folder. You need to add an entry to the P3D cfg file to activate the folder. All my traffic bgl's go to Scenery \world\scenery file.

Fantastic! So, It's definitely compatible with FSX AI Traffic. Thanks for sharing your experience.

BR.

Tri

I've also used FS GA-Traffic to create AI using planes in my hanger instead of the generic AI planes.. The program is a bit finicky to use but it generates good AI

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Hi,

Don't know myself, I'm not hosting the link. That's why I told anyone who is looking to download this file to check it with virus software, just to be on the safe side. If its not required, that's even better, one less step to perform to get the network setup. When I ran my setup it was required, that's why I included it in the instructions.

(I dont think but I dont know and don't care ! that the MSI can be distrubuted outside a software title).