Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Midnight Music

What are you doing for real weather and ai?

Hi,

Here is a link to the SimConnect.msi file. http://www.positiong.../SimConnect.msi

Since this file is not under my direct control, make sure you check the download with a virus program.

What Simconnect.msi or where do you find it? If you do not have the FSX SDK installed you wont have one? What is the P3D equivalent of the Simconnect.msi in their SDK package.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks Mike. I have it the FSX and P3D SDK installed but it may be helpful for others. Prepar3D simconnect doesnt use the MSI installer on the client and thats why its not included or doesn't exsist in their SDK. (I dont think but I dont know and don't care ! that the MSI can be distrubuted outside a software title).LM has come up with another way of doing it. That doesnt mean its not backwards compat so no one get confused. Im trying to readup and study how they are implementing SC. They've actually taken it to a new level.

I use WOAI BGL's and AI from various AI makers, they all work fine. Even older PAI AI.. I made a separate folder in my simobjets folder. Named it "AI Aircraft". I install all my AI into that folder. You need to add an entry to the P3D cfg file to activate the folder. All my traffic bgl's go to Scenery \world\scenery file.

Fantastic! So, It's definitely compatible with FSX AI Traffic. Thanks for sharing your experience.

BR.

Tri

I've also used FS GA-Traffic to create AI using planes in my hanger instead of the generic AI planes.. The program is a bit finicky to use but it generates good AI

Hi,

Don't know myself, I'm not hosting the link. That's why I told anyone who is looking to download this file to check it with virus software, just to be on the safe side. If its not required, that's even better, one less step to perform to get the network setup. When I ran my setup it was required, that's why I included it in the instructions.

(I dont think but I dont know and don't care ! that the MSI can be distrubuted outside a software title).

Philip, this is why we have included the DXT1 option for water.

Thanks Tim, I'll give that a shot. Maybe I should RTFM...

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Tim, I'll give that a shot. Maybe I should RTFM...

I think RTM would suffice, not RTFM :lol:

Maybe I should RTFM...

I thought the same thing :lol:

I'm using UT2, it migrated perfectly to P3d with the migration tool. With GA and commercial traffic at 75% I'm still managing to hang on to 15 FPS or more in major airports like KLAX or KSFO with maxed sliders. Also using AS2012 networked, although I had a bit of a hassle setting it up.

I thought the same thing :lol:

Sorry guys, holdover from my Navy days, along with a whole host of other non-official acronyms to go along with the official ones. :wink: