Sign in to follow this  
mr340

Anyone got the Flightbeam KPHX yet ?

One of the best sceneries I've ever seen! Bought it without much thinking. I've even "moved" my flights now more to the USA than Europe due to the offering of addons for USA.

So far I've been having trouble with it. Apparently there is an AFCAD file *somewhere*, but I have know idea where to look. I can't find any AFCAD file for HPHX beside the FB one and the MyTraffic one, and I disabled the latter already. Secondly, I have no custom textures for the taxiway and runways, it's just the default FSX ones. Whether this is connected to the AFCAD problem I don't know. And I must say, up until now, the FPS have been pretty bad... I had the same low FPS at KSFO, even though I hear nothing but praise for the FPS Flightbeam's airport generate. FSDT KLAX has always been a much better performer for as far as I can remember... Anybody got any ideas?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I would like to buy it but I still am getting the "Account Suspended" message every time I go to their website.

So far I've been having trouble with it. Apparently there is an AFCAD file *somewhere*, but I have know idea where to look. I can't find any AFCAD file for HPHX beside the FB one and the MyTraffic one, and I disabled the latter already. Secondly, I have no custom textures for the taxiway and runways, it's just the default FSX ones. Whether this is connected to the AFCAD problem I don't know. And I must say, up until now, the FPS have been pretty bad... I had the same low FPS at KSFO, even though I hear nothing but praise for the FPS Flightbeam's airport generate. FSDT KLAX has always been a much better performer for as far as I can remember... Anybody got any ideas?

Heavy on frames on my system as well.

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

Heavy on frames on my system as well.

Not heavier than any other heavy scenery like KLAX, KDFW, EGLL (UK2000)...

Not heavier than any other heavy scenery like KLAX, KDFW, EGLL (UK2000)...

Maybe not on your's, as you well know each is unique. The FSDT sceneries seem to maintain slightly higher frames on my system. EGLL is pretty tough on frames as well. Having said that they are all fantastic packages!

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

Anyone willing to donate this one to me? - I am dying to get this field... :lol:

Maybe not on your's, as you well know each is unique.

That's what I ment, just didn't write it ^_^

So far I've been having trouble with it. Apparently there is an AFCAD file *somewhere*, but I have know idea where to look. I can't find any AFCAD file for HPHX beside the FB one and the MyTraffic one, and I disabled the latter already. Secondly, I have no custom textures for the taxiway and runways, it's just the default FSX ones. Whether this is connected to the AFCAD problem I don't know.

Ben, did you set your Mesh Complexity to 100 and your Mesh Resolution to 1m? The PDF that comes with it states that both need to be set to the highest levels which are 100 and 1m. When I first installed it I had my Mesh Complexity set to 100 but the Resolution set to 5 meters and I wasn't getting the custom ground polys as well but after changing to 1m it fixed that problem. However, Mir said that in the latest patch it might work with the Reolution set to 5m rather than 1m, although I haven't tried it yet.

And I must say, up until now, the FPS have been pretty bad... I had the same low FPS at KSFO, even though I hear nothing but praise for the FPS Flightbeam's airport generate. FSDT KLAX has always been a much better performer for as far as I can remember... Anybody got any ideas?

While I get good FPS at both SFO and PHX (usually in the mid 20's with 100% AI), neither seem to be quite as FPS friendly as FSDT's latest offerings. Out of all the large US hubs done by either FSDT or FB, I have still found that FSDT's DFW is the most FPS friendly airport I own, especially considering the amount of terminals and general objects. The only thing I can think of is that the FSDT is optimized slightly better as far as lod's of some of the smaller objects and the fact that the latest FSDT sceneries are using shaders for the ground tiles as explained by Umberto at FSDT, while the FB airports are using the regular method of doing the ground polys. As far as I know, FSDT is the only scenery designer using the shaders to do the ground polys and while you wouldn't think it would make much difference, Umberto has stated that if they did an airport like DFW using the old method to do the ground, it would be an FPS hog.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

This is definitely an isolated case. I'm not sure why this is happening on your system. I did have one user who had similar texture issues, he solved it by disabling "intersection lights" in UTX.

PHX is highly optimized to give you good performance with no stutters, because 99% of the airport is loaded before it comes into view, with the majority of the memory going straight to your video card.

I would also suggest turning down water to High 1.x for better performance. There is default FSX water hidden surrounding the south of the airport.

I also also note that our website is back online.. along with support services.

If you emailed any of our addresses ending with "flightbeam.net" you may want to resend as we didn't receive anything from the last 24 hours. This includes support tickets.

I have it and flew there and had great frames and the airport is absolutely stunning. Like KSFO it is really detailed and KPHX has moving jetways really nice. I highly recommend purchasing it.

Bob

Edit:

Never mind: Went ahead and bought it and it installed fine in P3D.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I finally got to their website. I presume it works ok in P3D? Does it have an installer for P3D?

Ben, did you set your Mesh Complexity to 100 and your Mesh Resolution to 1m? The PDF that comes with it states that both need to be set to the highest levels which are 100 and 1m. When I first installed it I had my Mesh Complexity set to 100 but the Resolution set to 5 meters and I wasn't getting the custom ground polys as well but after changing to 1m it fixed that problem. However, Mir said that in the latest patch it might work with the Reolution set to 5m rather than 1m, although I haven't tried it yet.

That was the golden tip, thank you! I never would have thought that those mesh settings would affect the custom taxiways and runways. All looks well now.

EDIT: For some reason, it has gone again. No idea why, but I'm again staring at the default textures. Must say this is starting to annoy me to no end.

While I get good FPS at both SFO and PHX (usually in the mid 20's with 100% AI), neither seem to be quite as FPS friendly as FSDT's latest offerings. Out of all the large US hubs done by either FSDT or FB, I have still found that FSDT's DFW is the most FPS friendly airport I own, especially considering the amount of terminals and general objects. The only thing I can think of is that the FSDT is optimized slightly better as far as lod's of some of the smaller objects and the fact that the latest FSDT sceneries are using shaders for the ground tiles as explained by Umberto at FSDT, while the FB airports are using the regular method of doing the ground polys. As far as I know, FSDT is the only scenery designer using the shaders to do the ground polys and while you wouldn't think it would make much difference, Umberto has stated that if they did an airport like DFW using the old method to do the ground, it would be an FPS hog.

That's pretty much what I'm experiencing. Depending on the aircraft the FPS is of course better or worse, but overall I'm getting between 8 and 15 FPS.

Mir: I was indeed quite surprised not to receive any answers from you for the past week... I thought you might have forgotten about my issue. Anyway, the texture problem seems fixed now (EDIT: Nope, it's back now...). I have all the settings already as you recommend them, and from my tests the FPS really is better at FSDT KLAX than at either FB KPHX or FB KSFO. Every PC is different I guess...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Setting mesh requirements to that level of granularity often conflicts with other addons. And its very restrictive., And other addon need to make sure theirs works with 100% granularity of mesh as well

Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter