Hi everybody :Idea:

As you can see from my spec's, I was wondering if anybody could give me some advise as to how I could improve my hardware on a $150.00 budget. Any suggestions welcome.

Thanx in advance,

Cr@sH :Rose:

You are going to need at least $500-600 to make any real difference in performance.

I would reccomend you save your money for a while and wait for Intel to release their new chips this spring.

.Don't be scared! - Come on over and try Prepar3d!

Why?

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Why?

Massive performance increases with P3D v1.4

Up to 50-60% in some cases.

That's the first time I've heard that Ben!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Ben,

That is a most serious statement delivered as if with thunderous authority. I advise being a great deal more reticent since others may take such sweeping statements as gospel.

Kind regards,

Yeah because i've had it, tweaked it the same way i have on FSX and the differences are minor. Keep in mind i use my own settings, i don't like 30fps, rather use 60 adaptive.

Right now, over EGLC on the NGX VC with weather, all the stuff, and i'm around 45-50fps. P3D just can't do better than this for me.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I wish someone had the time, motivation, and experience with FSX and v1.4 P3d to do comparison of the two that would show the strengths and weaknesses of each. The major reason I have not moved over from FSX is because my personal flying has never been better than it is now. That is not to say I wouldn't jump in a minute if I knew the important things in FSX would transfer over fairly seamlessly. I have a ton of add-ons, a lot of utilities and as much photo scenery and Orbx as most folks but I keep hearing that it is hit or miss and about a 50-50 success rate of transfer.

I know that Orbx now has most of their scenery working in P3d and all or most of Aerosoft's new stuff comes in both flavors now. Evidently the scenery redraw is a problem for some and would problably be a serious problem for me also.

I understand the latest version does not have a Avsim review yet. This might be a good time to get the word out and show the benchmarks and checklists and summary tables.

Ray

From what i've experienced, P3D is a step forward, it generally behaves a bit better than FSX in the performance department and doesn't have the OOM issues FSX has when you spice up the LOD RADIUS. The thing is, while being a better FSX, it doesn't stand out (yet).

I returned my P3D strictly because of the launcher (i fly quite a lot and reloading the scenery 2 or 3 times per flight is unbearable), as i actually liked the experience.

As i stated above, switching to P3D just to gain 2 or 3 fps sometimes is just not worth it.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I have been following the pre-release of the Aerosoft Airbus X Extended and this is the response by Mathijs this morning when asked about how the AirbusX is performing in P3d.

Ray

Not a thing, sorry.

I thought yout got your answer with the first response from Ben. I agree with Ben, not much you can do with $150 nowadays, other than pick up a small SSD if it will work for you or catch a slightly better performing GPU on a super sale during the holidays. Maybe an open box return or recertified one.

You have an lot of stuff hanging on that CPU already. I bet you could reuse most of it with a new box and higher performing CPU.

Ray

Crashdive, grab yourself a GeForce 660...

Crashdive, grab yourself a GeForce 660...

A little far from $150 though.... plus it wouldn't be a balanced card for his system.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |