Sign in to follow this  
Evan Banalian

X plane 10 flickering textures problem video included.

No HDR for me either. I can get the shimmering on trees and buildings down to an acceptable level if I run AA at 16x. There seems to be a radius around your viewing area that if you look outside this radius the shimmering is worse.

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

I get it bad in the VC of the 747, but that's not a problem since I have the 777 for long hauling. As for scenery, I never noticed. Then again, I'm too busy flying the plane to zoom in 32x+ on anything. B)

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

Don't need to zoom in at all to see the obvious problem, buildings, trees, etc. flicker all the time within easy viewing distance. Sitting on the runway waiting to takeoff things within easy viewing distance flicker. Mind you, it also happened in FSX, but I haven't see it in anything else on my system, so it's not a system problem.

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

Looks to me like the Anisotropic filtering (AF) is too low or off/not working

Set to 16x on my system. Have tried in game settings and at the driver level, doesn't seem to make a difference.

I have to echo jcomm's comments and say I can't see the flickering either. I'm not saying you guys are lying, I'm just saying I honestly can not see it and it may be system specific. I've zoomed in, out, sideways and any other way I can think of, and can't see any flickering. The only thing I can say that may be different is that I don't use any external apps like nhancer.

I have to echo jcomm's comments and say I can't see the flickering either. I'm not saying you guys are lying, I'm just saying I honestly can not see it and it may be system specific. I've zoomed in, out, sideways and any other way I can think of, and can't see any flickering. The only thing I can say that may be different is that I don't use any external apps like nhancer.

Did you see the video I posted on page 1 ? Do you have HDR turned on ? Are you running 4x SSAA ?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

I experimented a little bit more with HDR.

I get very SLIGHT flickering on the chimney edge that joins the house and also on the front porch (circled in the screenshot). This is when AF is set to 1x.

The Flickering is completely non existent when I turn AF up to 16x.

I would try to correlate it to different types/models of graphics cards and various levels of open gl support. This issue has been noted repeatedly it seems. In fact i just did a quick google search for xplane flickering and it brought up multiple hits throughout xplanes history.

Most attempts to pin it down seem to point back to the z-buffer eventually, or at least that's how I am reading it.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

This issue seems to worse with a newer hardware, I've had my older system i7 920 with 480GTX and I don't remember having this problem as of now with i7 3570 and 680GTX.

Did anyone ever find a resolution for this issue? I am still seeing the flickering textures with the latest xp10 build.

Have AF set to 16x and have (still) flickering. No zoom. It's not nice but not too nasty here.

Running an Windows7, i7 2600k, 670GTX combo, latest X-Plane version and NVIDIA drivers, no NVIDIA app engaged. Can live with it but somehow annoying...

Ben said somewhere (his blog?) that it's a z-buffer problem but would only occur with high zoom setttings...

Cheers

Flo