Sign in to follow this  
Paul J

A "How-To-go-DX10" doc

306 seems to work ok, Jim. Yeah - I did try 4x early on, but it didn't appear as good as 8x: I will try it again, as the setup is now much more rigidly defined. I had to reinstall all of Orbx PNW/CRM/NRM this morning, berms on a few of the airfields, I guess as a result of to much PDX playing, and so now am just enjoying the Waco, testing those different airfields. Popped in here to see if you were ready to throw your pc through a window.... :biggrin:

Some wacky Waco shots!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ko9p9p3yq6qmvkj/XE9QH41rwk

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

306 seems to work ok, Jim. Yeah - I did try 4x early on, but it didn't appear as good as 8x: I will try it again, as the setup is now much more rigidly defined. I had to reinstall all of Orbx PNW/CRM/NRM this morning, berms on a few of the airfields, I guess as a result of to much PDX playing, and so now am just enjoying the Waco, testing those different airfields. Popped in here to see if you were ready to throw your pc through a window.... :biggrin:

Some wacky Waco shots!

https://www.dropbox....mvkj/XE9QH41rwk

Paul, where did u get that plane? Looks like fun!

Alabeo, Jason. FDE by Bernt Stolle. She's a beaut!

http://www.alabeo.com/

$20 !!!

Your SGSS 2X is good, Jim. Don't see too much in the way of shimmering. Mucho Gratzy! :wink:

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi Paul,

The new drivers seem an improvement for me.

I've duplicated your FSX settings. I'm using your original Inspector settings, and your "// VFR - DX1- Sept 10, 2012" FSX.CFG. I have the GTX570, not 580.

Taking off from KSEA, in the Real Air Lancair Legacy, I get mid 20s fps, and everwhere else from there 29-30.

That's better than I've ever had before, so another thank you is in order!

Two questions please:

1. Your VFR_1.CFG is different from the above one. Do you feel it is an improvement?

2. I downloaded DX10_Master__29.9.nip, and imported it into Inspector. I expected to see it listed among the profiles, but no. I obviously don't know enough about Inspector. Could you explain briefly how it works?

Regards, Jim

Asus Rog Maximus VIII Hero, i9-10900k 4.8GHZ, Corsair H100 cooler, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2666, RTX3090 20GB, Win10 HP 64-bit, 3 Monitors "19-22-19", Vive Pro 2 Headset.

Hi Jim: Glad it's working for you!!

That's better than I've ever had before,
:Party: :biggrin:

I think the .nip needs to be saved into the "profiles" folder.. it is probable that it's still in the downloads folder perhaps?

Cheers,

pj

Ok, I'll throw my hat into the converted club. It's like flying a whole new Sim indeed. I was getting ready to jump from the FSX raft to the P3D ship. I think my raft just docked at the real FSX ship :)

I'd like to thank you Steve and Paul for all the work you guys have done, and anyone else involved in the effort. Thanks a bunch!

Here's a few screenies to validate your work. Win7 64bit, 2x SSDs (o/s and FSX), PMDG JS4100, Rex OD, Orbx PNW and 3D Shockwave lights.

This is Crescent City, CA (KCEC) to North Bend (KOTH). They probably don't do the justice worthy of your work, but here they are:

th_DX10_1.png

th_DX10_2.png

th_DX10_3.png

th_DX10_4.png

th_DX10_5.png

th_DX10_6.png

th_DX10_7.png

th_DX10_8.png

th_DX10_9.png

th_DX10_10.png

th_DX10_11.png

Great shots barichr. Im glad you got DX10 working well. It took me a bunch of trial and error tweaking as well, but i can say im a a smooth as butter/no stutter 30fps almost everywhere. Sure some places drag on fps, but now the sim is flyable at any time, even on takeoff from KLGA (la Guardia NYC) and now that i have become a disciple of ORBX, im hooked to DX10 FSX.

You would be wise to forget about P3D, word is that Lockheed Martin has let it be known that they are not interested in releasing this as a retail product. That means you wont see it on store shelves ala FSX or Xplane. And i for one wont pay a monthly fee or 200 dollars for something that isnt much beyond what FSX is now.

If you have any questions, ask away. Paul is a huge help here, and ill chip in my 2 cents also. I run almost a carbon copy of Pauls settings and it works well for me

Thanks for the compliment Jason...I too am running an almost CC of his settings excluding the Nvidia stuff. I did incorporate Steve's guide on ATI since I own a MSI R6990.

Just my take on the P3D thing. While they may not directly come out and say it, they don't seem to mind letting 3rd party developers from making their respective add-ons play nice. There are those irritated at FSX enough and with extra cash to spend that don't mind paying for it. Who knows, if Xplane ever releases their 64bit, maybe that will be worth making a switch. I just know that I'm happy (much happier) now with FSX :)

Darn nice shots - especially the last two, and - oh, yeah - don't be so modest, Rudy! Welcome aboard! We all know what it takes to be happy with this sim! :lol: (The real hero is Steve, for his finding and fixing these issues - this site was hacked together because a couple of us recognized what DSX10 might mean, and where it might go, if other serious and skilled programmers take an interest :Praying: ).

Many thanks for your input, Jason. I, too was dreading the idea of moving to P3D, with the different interfaces, can't do this, can't fly that, etc.,.... I don't mind the 50 bucks, but we've all got good investments into FSX - just as we had with FS9, and to now think of another move...? I don't want to make that move, and I think that now, quite honestly DX10 is a viable alternative. It's definitely an improvement over 9, and has maybe given the old girl a new lease on life! I certainly hope so!

Great shots Rudy, especially the last two with the fog.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

So is it pretty much stuff that is a FS9 port over that won't work well? Is there a list growing somewhere with A-ok addons and No-Go-Addons?

I am ready to make the full jump over as when I tried it I loved it a lot, but the fact that VFR KMIA had no Taxi Way signs, just grey boxes made me jump back out of the water.

I am willing to part with this airport I think if it is just FS9 stuff that gives problems, but I don't want my, and I am sad to say thousands of dollars worth of addons be cut in half.

some addons wont work, but mainly it is little issues such as aircraft lights and in your case taxiway signs. I have found hardly any problems with dx10 with 3rd party addons, and my list of stuff is pretty extensive. The only momentary glitch i had was with FlyTamp's St. Maarten scenery, and they have fixes for dx10 on thier website. basically, if it is for FSX and not exclusively fs9, then you shouldnt have probs. the older stuff may have issues

Thank you for that.

I will start work now, as when I was using it I loved the smoothness. I lock frames at 30, as I have just always done that, but it just seemed so much more smooth even under what I would call stress.

About the only thing that I noticed was that stuff wasn't "quite" as sharp, but hey, it was sharp enough, and WAY better than blurry textures, which I didn't get and that is what kills the sim the most for me.

I just want to thank you guys for your work, and I am sure continued work on this.

Same, as the DX10 current config it making the outside AA not looks so good, but for some reason the inside in the cockpit is almost perfect?!

I am not that concerned with it, as I fly inside the cockpit, but for pictures, or just admiring my nice new DC-9 Classic, I would like if able through DX10 a little better AA, or is it AF? I have no idea...lol.