Sign in to follow this  
Paul J

A "How-To-go-DX10" doc

There is a link for this as a PDF file if you are talking about this help file.  It is down a few comments however.

Hey no worries at all Paul I decided last night to go for it and move on to DX 10 and so far so good.  Not quite finished going through all of the set up.

I am not quite the handiest yet with files and FSX so I elected to just get the commercial version of DX10SceneryFixer and it sure makes things easy. I am now just trying to finish all the adjustments per this guide and Steve's manual onboard the Fixer.

So that leads to one more Q.

IF by chance I cannot get my (funnel button) to work are those "Behavior Flag" adjustments a show stopper?  Can I live with out them or is that a "must do" procedure.  Ultimately I want to get them done.  

It could very well be that my aging GTS 450 will not allow me to do this anyhow so its a mute point?  Im headed over to their forums for clarification.

Thanks Paul for pointing me in that direction, I'll come back and post what I find.   :)

Respectfully,

Jet

The funnel button is only there so that one can see all of the parameters that should be changed on on single page - nothing else.

Take a screenshot of your Inspector page, Jet and post it somewhere so that we can see what you're seeing. As an afterthought - you might also export the .nip file and post that somewhere, so that I/we can download it and see first-hand. Right now - I don't know what you can see. Thanks,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

HA!  I should have done that in the first place.  Here is the screenshot.

nvidiaquestion_zps291791f0.png

How does one post a file so that others can download it other than email?  OR I can email you my nip file.  THANKS!

Respectfully,

Jet

In the mean time is there a way for me to work around this and to get to these settings?

Respectfully,

Jet

OK -

1).  Go to the folder where you've unzipped Inspectot to:

2).  You should have four files there: One will be the change.log.

the second will be the CustomSettingNames_en-EN.xml

next - nvidiaInspector.exe

Last - the zipfile itself.

You've moved the exe out of that folder. It needs the xml file.

OK!

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

AH!  That was IT!!  I did find the NVIDIA forum but you beat those guys to it.  I was in the right location too.  I will keep them as who knows?  Wow Thanks so much Paul.  On to finish the final touches.

Here is the latest I just received from Guru.  http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=4771489&posted=1#post4771489

Thanks again Paul!  

Respectfully,

Jet

All Done!  Now off to testing.  Did as expected for my rig.  Very smooth around 30fps locked at 33 per guide.  Doing well.  That was off from Diamond Head and out to sea.  Full Right on Scenery and Auto Gen but with stock C172.  From there it will be less when I get to the add ons etc.  Thanks for this guide it was a GREAT help!

Edited by Jetblst

Respectfully,

Jet

I tried to open the doc on the first post.. It gives me a not found error. Correct? :/,

I'm in the experimenting mood, hah ;)

Victor Roos

Paul

I have found your 'How To' link I believe.

I installed Steves Fixes and got DX10 working I think, but don't know what I should set in the Nvidia Inspector settings for my GForce GTX680 to work well. Having got DX9 pretty well tuned, my first impression of DX10 (without the correct NV Inspector settings of course) was inevitably backward I guess.

Your kind advice/help very much appreciated - will get stuck into your guide.

Thanks

Andrew

Hi Paul, I am trying to download your DX10 Notes from dropbox but only getting a Dropbox Error 404 message -any ideas?

Malcolm