Sign in to follow this  
Matt450

Route Planner

And they've said something similar multiple times for literally years now. (I know I know, I shouldn't talk given our own record with delays lol...)

Although technically, since PMDG doesn't give release dates, it's not possible to have delays. ;)

If you fly in europe, use www.eurofpl.eu/finder

It searches for the route and automatically checks the route in the cfmu considering every restriction active in that day. This validator is also used for checking real life airline flight plans, soyou can be sure it's highly realistic

Kicking in advocacy for the following:

1) Flightsim Commander (my #1 choice)

2) FS Flight Keeper

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Aivlasoft's EFB also has flight planning capability plus a host of other features.

I've been using FSBUILD2 and hadn't heard of this one so I downloaded today with the 30 day trial.. wow, that's some pretty good stuff there.. a bit of a chore to setup if you're like me and don't enjoy reading manuals :P

Might have to bite the bullet and get a second monitor just to keep things like that in eyesight

PFPX has entered the same category as the LDS 757 in my book. Both are something I was incredibly excited for, but then seemed to drift further and further into a hazy future. At least PFPX has screenshots and (occasional) progress updates.

As far as planning...

I like flightaware.com for US routes. I then use vroute (paid version) to see if that route is available. If not, I create it and submit it for approval. I find it's fuel planning to be better than anything else I've come across. Plus, the tons of export types, maps/charts. Haven't used FSBuild, but have heard good things. Anyone have experience with both?

For non-US flights, i usually just use whichever the most popular route on vroute is, occasionally switching around for appropriate SID/STARS depending on the weather, etc.

Kerlix,

come and visit us at the PFPX support board.

Phil : one of the beta tester of PFPX.