Sign in to follow this  
uwespeed

Madeira (LPMA) for XP10

Hi there,

New to avsim, but not new to X-Plane (using it since XP8).

And now ... to something completely different: I would like to present my scenery project with a few pictures and a short video.

I plan to release it in fall this year (freeware).

c5witjyzglhnzfvi8.jpg

c5wiwlq63r0o80abk.jpg

• Upvote 1

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

Well, I can't say a thing.... I'm speechless !!!

Yesterday I was precisely doing some flight at LPMA, and of course the default scenery is poor, and I thought how great it would be to get my Aerosoft MadeiraX on X-Plane10... Well, your project looks even better !!!

THANK YOU!!!! When do you think it'll be available?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Well what can I say, amazing work dude!!!

Man, this sim is getting better and better by the day.

Need to get the full version ASAP, lol, still enjoying xp 9.7

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Brilliant!!! You have fantastic talent!!

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Thanks. But don't expect too much :lol:. I'm not a full time developer, so it won't be perfect (especially for the roads in the car park directly below the terminal building) due to the current technology for the XP10 roads. Nevertheless, I think it will be quite nice :rolleyes:.

When do you think it'll be available?

You should have read my post a little more carefully :lol:: "I plan to release it in fall this year"

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

Looking nice. Don't forget the ultra important lighting system from "GELO" which guides aircraft on the difficult approach to RWY05 during nighttime and low visibility periods.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

That's fantastic! XP10's global lighting has really been put to good use here. Well done uwespeed.

Rhydian

Don't forget the ultra important lighting system from "GELO" which guides aircraft on the difficult approach to RWY05 during nighttime and low visibility periods.

Don't worry :rolleyes:, I didn't forget about this one. I am currently evaluating how to do this best with the given X-Plane technology.

Still not fnished (struggling with my job taking my time away and also struggling with e.g. the curved LDIN for rwy 05). Nevertheless some more screenshots:

c7we5blj98c2l8j76.jpg

c7we6mk1x7947qqlu.jpg

c7we9r7g8tdgwdvea.jpg

c7we6zbtrb0m0g3zm.jpg

c7we7umcvkb34cwmq.jpg

• Upvote 2

Gorgeous !!! The curved ALS is a PITA to model, I know :-/, but if you get that in, it'll be even greater ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

As I had to interrupt the work on my scenery due to too much stress on the job, and on the other hand some people were waiting anxiously for a realease :smile:, I decided to upload it in the current state. I'd say it is finished about 97% for V1.0.

Nevertheless, I will continue to work on the scenery when I have more time. In later releases, I plan to add ATC taxi routes, houses in the vicinity of the airport, maybe an orthophoto at the airport, more ground markings, oil spills, this and that ...

There are still some things missing and/or buggy, like the curved lead in lights for RWY 05, some textures for the runways, the PAPI for RWY 23, some (minor) bugs in the elevation of the mesh, roads, etc.. But I think the scenery is "flyable".

It isn't an "official" release, so I decided not to upload it on the "usual" sources. You can download it here (german site). Click the "Download" button (easy, isn't it? :biggrin:)

After unzipping the downloaded file, you get 3 folders:

P_Madeira_12-11-12

P_Madeira_a_roads_12-11-12

P_Madeira_mesh_12-11-12

Simply place them in your Custom Scenery folder. Have fun (hopefully). If you have other issues than the above described, please let me know.

EDIT: you have to turn "runway follow terrain contours" ON.

Thanks for your hard work and sharing it with the XPlane community. It looks beautiful.

Jim Morgan

What can I say? This came in the EXACT RIGHT time for me :-)))))

Thank you so much uwe!!!

And, BTW, according to the new legislation, unless your medical certificate is no longer possible to get, a glider pilot will be a glider pilot for as long as he/she lives... To re-activate the license is a lot simpler!!!!

EDIT: I get an error when loading X-Plane and it exits:

-

Edited by firehawk44
Image removed. Far exceeds 1600W (yours 4344W).

Main Simulation Rig:

Hmmm ... strange. Do you have OpensceneryX installed? Could you post your log.txt?