Sign in to follow this  
uwespeed

Madeira (LPMA) for XP10

uwespeed, wow! That looks amazing uwespeed! I love the detail and amount of time you put into making this gorgeous recreation of this airport! :) I can't wait to fly this myself. Love how you took that glider under the bridge! You can see all the real-time lighting effects as well. Love the liveliness of the airport with that new plugin as well! Really brings life to the airports and I hope more designers can update their airports to include that. X-Plane is shaping up to be a really awesome sim!

Great job once again! 

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Outstanding work!

This brings up a question; If you park in a designated spot, will the plug-in automatically trigger the movement of the buses, luggage car, etc? Or is it up to the pilot?

Its great to know talented people like you are taking XP10 to the next level. Keep up the outstanding work uwespeed.

Carlos

• Upvote 1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

That is looking really really good uwespeed. marginals plug-in suits the project well too.

Rhydian

• Upvote 1

marginal's plugin really makes the airport start to come alive. Love it!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

This brings up a question; If you park in a designated spot, will the plug-in automatically trigger the movement of the buses, luggage car, etc? Or is it up to the pilot?

The ground traffic plugin doesn't interact with your or the AI aircraft, it has only static routes. But to be honest (although it looks nice and brings the airport more alive) I didn't really miss such things until now and I could live myself without them - and probably in the future, too.

There is an other plugin, called Dynamic Object Plugin for X-Plane, it can do more than "only" groundtraffic, but on the other hand it is more complex to program. I don't know if it is capable of interacting with your or the AI planes.

But, a real pilot usually even doesn't care about the bustling ground traffic ("oh, it's so nice to watch all these stairs, buses, luggage carriers, catering trucks, ..., isn't it?"  :lol: ), as he has to care about his plane and flight preparation. In the full flight sims which I have flown until now, there are (at maximum) static aircraft and airport buildings of FS 2002 standard, but no AI traffic, no ground traffic, even big cities have at best a few buildings, apart from that only flat city textures. I have even seen airports with no buildings at all (booooo :P, could you imagine that???).

In the end, all this additional stuff is "only" a nice gimmick.

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

Some more impressions of the groundtraffic at LPMA for the next release. It is only the traffic for one plane - traffic for more planes still to come.

• Upvote 1

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

Wow that's brilliant. Are you doing that for all the static aircraft? Thats going to be one busy airport.

Looks awesome. I can just sit at the airport all day and hangout there now.

any word on this airport? i can't seem to find it. :(

any word on this airport? i can't seem to find it. :(

You couldn't find it, although there was a link in this post (btw. the same as mtaxp posted)? Strange ... :rolleyes:

Sorry I was blind, how come the airport doesn't quite look like the screenshots? I can't find that bridge or underpass. Terrain seems to look kind of flat, am I missing something?

The included readme (and also the download page) contains everything you need to know ... :excl: Simply read and follow the instructions :wink:

I did just that and got all 3 packages, the airport looks nothing like what its suppose to. I followed the instructions exactly in the manual. :/