Sign in to follow this  
Precision Approacher

Airways Not in Data Base

Hello Fellow Flight Simmers,

When trying to add Victor Airways or Jet Airways to my flightplans I keep getting a message on the CDU that says "Not in Data Base". The Airways that I'm trying to select are visible on the Flight Simulator map view page. The only one I've ever successfully is UL620 from PMDG 737NGX Totutorial 1. I have installed PMDG's 737-800/900 NGX Base Package SP1c but still, no luck.

When I first click on "FMC" on the CDU (Left), I do get a message on the CDU that says "NAV DATA out of date". I'm assuming this may have something to do with my problem. I thought that installing the new Service Pack would fix the problem, but it did not.

Can anyone please help with this?

Many thanks.

Hi there,

You'll need to update your navdata. You can get this from Navigraph. Basically contains SIDs, STARs, transitions, approaches, airways, waypoints, you name it. Quite an important thing to have and it's good to always keep it up to date. In real life it's updated every month (28 days or so). Download it (payware - if you don't want to buy it there's probably an older freeware version kicking about somewhere), install it and you'll be good to go.

You should be able to input ALL the ones in tutorial flights - those use the database that is prepackaged with the plane.

If you get this message with other tutorial airways, you probably have a corrupted database installation. I guess deleting PMDG/Navdata folder, and using Repair option on the installer should help.

The reason why you see airways on the FSX flight planner that the NGX FMS does not know about is that those airways do not exist in real life any longer, and therefore does not exist in the external navdata used by the PMDG NGX as well. FSX's built in navigational data is very old now, and contains many fixes, airways and beacons that no longer exist in real life. This is one of the reason its recommended that people dont use FSX built in flight planner for planning flights.

vatsim s3

1133704.png

Stupid question I know, but I don't want to corrupt anything.

I already have upto date databases (or I should say "nearly" upto date as they are a month or so behind) They are for other "products" but can they be used for NGX 737? If so what exactly do I do with them? I don't really want to "duplicate" the same data in several folders, so how do I go about installing the data for the NGX?

Thanks in advance.

You normaly can't use another publishers Navdatabase with PMDG software. PMDG products share the same data base, which you can find in your FSX/PMDG folder. If you use Navigraph you maybe want to download the data base made for PMDG.

So my existing Navigraph database is NOT compatible with the PMDG NGX 737 database? Well that sucks. I'm not going to buy the same data TWICE just for compatibility, that's just a waste of money.

Nonono, as I understood Navigraph you only buy the Cyle. You should then be able to download it in all formats they support.

E.g.: You buy cycle 1206 and you can download it for PMDG and all the other Publishers they support. Atleast thats what I understood.

EDIT: Navigraph sells cycles and you can download all the databases (PMDG, CS, whatever) for the cyle i you want.

However you can't use the CS database with PMDG aircraft.

Sometimes I get that error when I try to start a flight plan with a jet airway. Start your flight plan with a direct to fix that is on the airway then you can input the via airway on the right side. You should have hundreds of airways in the default database.

I may be wrong on this, but normally you don't enter airways into the FMC.

It won't recognize them. You have to enter the waypoints used in the airway

that you want to fly. It doesn't recognize the airway, say if you tried to punch in

say "J81" or whatever, but all the waypoints that are along that airway are in the

database.

So... The way I see it, upgrading the database will not change anything. It will

still not see the jet airway, if one tries to directly enter it.

If I'm wrong, maybe someone will provide better info. But I do know, I never

directly enter a jet airway when planning a flight. I enter all the waypoints

along that airway. As far as airways and their waypoints, I doubt too much

has changed since the database from last year. So unless it's a new one,

or one that has changed, the waypoints are in there.

We do enter airways, they should all be recognised. Airways entered on the left (VIA) then last point to go to on that airway on the right.

I wouldn't fancy entering every single waypoint on a four hour flight to Fuerteventura... Checking correct airways have been entered is also part of our route check before we set off.

Don't know where you got the info of not entering airways in the FMC, but it's not right.

no you enter airways in the RTE Legs page. Airways go on the left and the fix goes on the right

ah Tom beat me to it

Yeah. A draw with Villa sure makes them look scary

Although neither will losing to the pistols er I mean Gunners.

Maybe I should change my profile pic, everyone pics on the liverpool fans lol

Lee

Not walking alone

Sent using Tapatalk

We do enter airways, they should all be recognised. Airways entered on the left (VIA) then last point to go to on that airway on the right.

I wouldn't fancy entering every single waypoint on a four hour flight to Fuerteventura... Checking correct airways have been entered is also part of our route check before we set off.

Don't know where you got the info of not entering airways in the FMC, but it's not right.

OK.. I think I may see why it would not work when I tried it.. I don't recall entering the last point

on the airway. I was on the "legs" page when I tried to do it.. Pretty sure anyway..

I'll have to tinker with this later.. Most of the time, I'm usually punching in the routes as I get

them from flightware, or wherever. Those don't include the airways used. So maybe that's why

I got in the habit of not punching them in. I know I had tried it before, with the same results as

the OP.. Not in database..