Sign in to follow this  
BoHill

PFE Integration With Voice Control

Right now, with PFE and RC4, if aircraft type is one of the following, it will be considered as GA flight. If we missed any, let us know.

Cessna
Challenger
Cherokee
Citation
Fairchild
Falcon
Gulfstream
King Air
Learjet
Mooney
Pilatus
Piper
baron
beech
bonanza
aztec
commander
katana
lancair
galaxy

Sorry, I realize this is an old post, and the list above may have already been expanded, but can I check whether the following has been added:

'Phenom' (Embraer)

Having flown the Phenom 100 lately, I'm wondering if MCE is trying to recognize it as an airliner per the description above....when it would surely be classed alongside Citations, Challengers, etc as GA.

Thanks for your help!!

Alan

I'm wondering if MCE is trying to recognize it as an airliner per the description above

Almost certainly.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

You can count on it in next update.

Meanwhile, a possible workaround would be to...

Go to \Multi Crew Experience\CandC\ folder

Rename PFE.cfg as "airliners-PFE.cfg"

Rename "GaPFE.cfg" as "PFE.cfg"

Go to \Multi Crew Experience\CandC\ folder

Rename PFE.cfg as "airliners-PFE.cfg"

Rename "GaPFE.cfg" as "PFE.cfg"

That's both good to confirm my intuition and to hear you'll include in for the next update....I really appreciate it!

Would that confirm why ATC may not be recognizing some replies, such as 'Request/Cancel Flight Following'? No matter how simple I repeat the phraseology back, it won't recognize it. (I know typically you wouldn't fly a Phenom just with VFR flight following...but I often don't have enough time for full flights, and it's a great trade-off just to do a little simple sight-seeing ;)

Also, are your instructions above based on the premise that I'm using Pro Flight Emulator with MCE (since I'm seeing 'PFE.cfg')?

I'm actually just using default FSX ATC with MCE.... is there a similar workaround for the moment with native ATC?

Sorry for any confusion that caused.

Cheers!!

Alan

I'm actually just using default FSX ATC with MCE.... is there a similar workaround for the moment with native ATC?

No need for a workaround with native ATC.

MCE reads the currently loaded livery info from the sim. I mean the info you see under "Aircraft settings->Details.

If an Airline name and flight number have been assigned, it will be treated as an airliner. Otherwise, it will be seen as GA traffic.