Sign in to follow this  
FTD1949

FSX is history.

I've taken the plunge and P3D is now the only Flight Sim on my machine.

As of yesterday I have it running with all that I need so far.

VoxATC v6 is up and running.

Same for the LD 767

I'm using FSrealWX Lite for weather.

I have my VR Insight M Panel and a homebuilt switch box working.

Cheers.

I've taken the plunge ....

Same for the LD 767

Cheers.

How did you install the 767??

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

How did you install the 767??

Yeah, I would love to know the same thing. Mine is also, like many others, crashing.

I used the reinstall option from Flight 1.

What I found (sorry I didn't mention it in previous post) is that I am using FSX to Prepar3D Migration Tool. I installed the LD 767 with the Migration tool in the Enable Virtual FSX mode.

After the install I change the FSX to Prepar3D Migration Tool to "Disable Virtual FSX" and when I run P3D I have no CTD's. If i don't disable virtual FSX I will get a CTD almost every time upon

loading the LD 767.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Quite! If I disable the migrator, LDS 767 is all dandy - except that GND CALL. DO NOT PRESS or better yet, tape it over :lol:

Just looking to confirm if this solution is working for everyone out there?  Getting mighty tired of FSX and love the Prepar3D 2.0 screenshots...

Speaking of which, I am curious if this will still work in Prepar3D ver. 2.0 - be sure to post if this works for you when you get 2.0.

Thanks!

Quite! If I disable the migrator, LDS 767 is all dandy - except that GND CALL. DO NOT PRESS or better yet, tape it over :lol:

unfortunately P3D don't have a start up screen where you have to choose the LDS in order to avoid the GND call crash. I'm hoping the 2.0 version will have the startup selection screen and transparent ATC menu.

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

I didnt realise the LDS 767 was still in use by people. It looks so dated now

I'm hoping the 2.0 version will have the startup selection screen

P3d2 supposedly has the equivalent of the FSX start up screen.

fsx, history,  sorry to interrupt, but where have you been????  I suggest many and many people on this forum using fsx.

So, to say that fsx is history, how do you qualify that????  This is a franchise that has been around since the mid 90's, and yes does have a beautiful history about it.

I have had fsx, since 1998, sure its a a lot of headaches, but many of us on this forum will still be using fsx in the future.

Please explain...... FSX is history...

I have had fsx, since 1998

Do you have Prepar3d 4.0 too?  What is it like?  Screenshots?  ;)

Do you have Prepar3d 4.0 too?  What is it like?  Screenshots?  ;)

LOL

fsx, history,  sorry to interrupt, but where have you been????  I suggest many and many people on this forum using fsx.

So, to say that fsx is history, how do you qualify that????  This is a franchise that has been around since the mid 90's, and yes does have a beautiful history about it.

I have had fsx, since 1998, sure its a a lot of headaches, but many of us on this forum will still be using fsx in the future.

Please explain...... FSX is history...

FSX is history for the OP. He didn't say it is history for everyone. Besides, this topic is from 2012 so even this topic is history already... No need to get too excited over such an old topic. :P Finally (some more history for you) FSX was released in 2006, not 1998. B) (Just kidding, I know you mean the MS FS franchise. ^_^ )

thanks for clarifying!!!!! appreciate it.!!!

I think it is fair to say that FSX became history when Microsoft dropped the franchise and their commitment to continued development of it a few years ago.

And what a wonderful history it has been. It has given me 30 years of enjoyment of continued learning and discovery, even with poor graphics and minimal usability that many users today would not be able to comprehend, nor accept.

But don't worry, unless an operating change renders the old FSX unusable, I am sure that many users will continue to use it.

I will keep it on my drive for a while yet, but will be a very early adopter of the new and much enhanced platform that is P3d.

thanks for clarifying!!!!! appreciate it.!!!

We all knew what you meant :)