Sign in to follow this  
FTD1949

FSX is history.

I didnt realise the LDS 767 was still in use by people. It looks so dated now

Indeed it both looks dated and is in use.  Why you may ask?  The Level-D 767 shipped with a great SDK that allows for nice integration to a home cockpit - in fact, as far as I know, still the best interface out there.  (I have not yet tried PMDG 777 - so not sure if they finally produced one for their aircraft).

This is a franchise that has been around since the mid 90's, and yes does have a beautiful history about it.

The mid 90's?!?!  Hey someone scammed me when I bought FS 1.0 in Oct 1981. Here I thought I was using a legitimate versions of the franchise for all those years before the 90's.  Probably too late to get my money back... I bet that guy in the store that sold it to me is long gone by now.  :P

Can anyone tell me what addons DON'T work in P3D please?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Can anyone tell me what addons DON'T work in P3D please?

Now surely, with over 4,000 posts on Avsim and your "supporters" banner there for all to see, I hope you're not trolling ?  :lol:  :lol:

If by any chance you are not trolling, read any thread in this forum and the answer will jump out and hit you squarely in the face. Also be aware that "most" previous addons can be "made" to work in P3d 1.4 and most likely a substantial number will be made to work in version 2. 

And in all fairness to your question ..... do you have any addons in particular that you are concerned about?

Yes.  REX, PMDG FSTramp. Opus, FSinn. 

I may have 4000 posts but that doesn't guarantee that I know everything about P3D. It's not been out that long.

This, believe it or not is the idea of forums so you knowledgeable people can help those who don't know, so no, I'm not a troll.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Yes.  REX, PMDG FSTramp. Opus, FSinn. 

I may have 4000 posts but that doesn't guarantee that I know everything about P3D. It's not been out that long.

This, believe it or not is the idea of forums so you knowledgeable people can help those who don't know, so no, I'm not a troll.

My understanding is that REX are hugely onboard and the same with Opus.

FSInn I believe is for VATSIM or IVAO, so I think it is safe to say that there will be a new or modified version available soon.

I know nothing at all about FSTramp apart from it appears to be a product that is NOT supported well by the author. Perhaps you may like to ask him (and then let us all know).

PMDG. No comment as this has been beaten to death in just about every post  :t0148:  

And yes, forums are about help and acknowledging that. You therefore owe me 3 pints of real ale next time I manage to visit home  :drinks:

PMDG. No comment as this has been beaten to death in just about every post  :t0148:  

You might want to correct yourself now...

Until or if ever p3d is released for general public comsumption, FSX is *NOT* history.

spacer.png

You might want to correct yourself now...

Oh dear, you obviously either can't read or choose not to my friend.

FACT (at the time of posting) - "PMDG. No comment as this has been beaten to death in just about every post". That is a fact. My post was made before the PMDG post about their u-turn regarding P3d, so at that time it was (and continues to be) factual. Simple, plain fact. Now would you like another one?

Great news from PMDG ! Yes really. They might just get some more of my hard earned $$$ again. And seeing we are on about facts, I will throw another one in for good measure. Two weeks ago I predicted a multi level licencing scheme from PMDG (along with additional charges). I think my post may have been deleted because I did not (and refuse to) disclose my full name on a public forum, even though I said they are a very smart astute company.

Smart company PMDG. They know where part of their future lies.

Cheers

Anyone out there try out P3D 2.0 with Level-D 767 yet?

If so, does Ground Call now work?

Thanks

As much as I love P3D 2 and think it forms the future of our hobby, FSX is definitely not dead.

When FSX was released, we saw a transition period of 2-3 years.   At first, FSX ran like a dog and we all jumped back to FS9.... then fast forward 2 years (circa 2008) and most people were running both FS9 and FSX; seeing benefits in them both..... then by late 2009 I think the vast majority had moved to FSX and only the die hards were still on FS9.

If the same trend follows with P3D2, then FSX could have another 3 years of shelf life and development worth left in it.

I admit that I uninstalled FSX too hastily on seeing how great P3D2 is, and I re-reinstalled FSX today because I was craving a flight in the NGX :cool:

There are only two things I don't like about P3D2 at the moment;  (i) no real native addons for it yet, and (ii) the Flight Planner is a joke; much worse than in FSX; you can't even drag waypoints into the flight plan......... but there is a lot of good potential to make up for it.

.....but still FSX is still a fantastic platform;  uber-stable and reliable on my system and I think I will still be using it for at least another year, while P3D2 addon development (and development of P3D2 itself of course) presses on.

... and my favorite Reality-XP gauges are not supported..   :unsure: 

Bert

I don't think I can go back.

Not that I'll be uninstalling anything, I still do work on little projects now and again, and cross platform testing means keeping the older sims around, even if in vanilla state.

It's funny, a week ago I wouldn't have thought I'd have such an easy time letting the PMDG aircraft go. Today, I don't miss either of them at all. 

Regards,

Brian Doney

Compatibility and technical "quirks" are basically the two biggest factors hindering me from jumping on-board the "P3D hype-wagon" atm. I don't expect all of my add-ons to get official support but I'll stay with FSX until the most important ones (for me) have. Another thing is that I simply don't have time to tweak, those late evenings are reserved for actual flying, I'm sick of tweaking, I'll let all the rest of you guys figure stuff out and then I can just jump in when things are starting to get sorted.

Stay with FSX or jump on P3D full-time? It's very individual so there is no wrong choice but I do get the sense that some people are almost annoyed that others prefer to stay with FSX for the time being and of course the other way around, I find that a bit odd since it doesn't affect any one in any way whatsoever. Also, one can have both right? I just don't have the time atm and can't be bothered with "maintaining" two sims at the same time. So yeah, I'm sure P3D will still be around for some time to come so why stress out about it, eh? :)

P.S There are A LOT of people still using FS9 so yeah, transition periods and all that. ;)