Sign in to follow this  
Johnny19

HUD displaying off to the side

Attached picture can better tell you my issue with the HUD. It is hard to keep the display centered, and also the green info display is like hiding partially behind cockpit control panel. any advice? Thanks!

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

move forward. with the FSX move buttons, dont know them off by heart crtl+shift+something.

Or if you have trackir just lean in a bit

lee

i guess it is shifting. here is even better example how it looks like, and yes i do use ezdok, but without trackir

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Yeah you just need to move your eye point closer to the HUD

Lee

Sent using Tapatalk

i do move the eyepoint with the arrow keys but the view shifts in flight i guess, and hud display becomes partialy hidden.

Ivan Majetic

i do move the eyepoint with the arrow keys but the view shifts in flight i guess, and hud display becomes partialy hidden.

This is a known FSX issue and has nothing to do with the NGX.

I found a possible solution for this a few months back... When I say a possible solution I mean It doesn't happen as frequently as it did before!

Go into your FSX Cameras.cfg, which can be found in ("YourName", AppData, Roaming, Microsoft, FSX)

Make a backup first!!

You want to go into the line

[CameraDefinition.002]

Title = Virtual Cockpit

scroll down to HeadingPanRate=75

and change it from HeadingPanRate=75 to HeadingPanRate=0

Start FSX and do a few tight turns in the NGX/Plane of your choice and see if that helps!

i am not blaming NGX by any means. ok thank you for an advice will try fixing the camera cfg. thank you :)

Ivan Majetic

Hello, this is simply a limitation of FSX and causes the bottom portion of the info to be hidden by the glare shield when your landing lights are activated, I do not believe there are any possible fixes.

If you are using EZDok then move your viewpoint a bit towards the HUD, for a fuller view.

If you have not EZDok then you can follow these instructions shown here, to move your view point.

Here

You will also seen pictures of the NGX cockpit and how your distance from the HUD affects your view through the collimated HUD.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

You could do as I do and create a special camera (view) in EZdok that places you just right for the HUD and have no head movement at all so when you select this camera it should be just perfect for the HUD

Dennis

Dennis Elliott

The AoA guys already did that btw. I think most people use their setup.

Hi guys,

I have the same problem than Johnny. The problem is not that the view is not centered on the HUD, that can be fix, but is that de view point is moving when the aircraft turn... So the view point is correct for take-off, but just after a left turn, the view point has move to the left, and HUD informations are partially lost...

I'm using a TIR, and moving the view point twenty times in a flight is boring... Not blaming PMDG for that, but I don't have this problem on other aircraft.

If someone know a solution...

Thank you.

Thomas