Hello!

First let me post my system specs:

Windows 7 64bit

Intel i7 3770 3.4GHZ (3.9GHZ Turbo)

Nvidia GTX560 Superclocked 2GB DDR5

8GB RAM

1TB HDD

Corsair GS700 PSU

Okay, this problem was something that gave me issues several years ago when I made the switch from FS9 to FSX. I simply downloaded the proper UIAutomationCore.dll and dropped it into the FSX Directory and my problems were solved. Now I have a new build with the specs listed above and have been running FSX perfectly fine until recently. I have the EXACT same UIAutomationCore.dll that I have always used but for some reason I am getting CTD's with the UIAutomationCore.dll being the faulting module. Here is the error report:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3

Faulting module name: uiautomationcore.dll, version: 6.0.6001.18000, time stamp: 0x4791a76f

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0001dd8f

Faulting process id: 0x12d4

Faulting application start time: 0x01cd893ddafc2358

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\uiautomationcore.dll

Report Id: b62c1167-f531-11e1-b8f7-c86000e9e4a7

No method I have found on the internet to fix this has worked. I have literally spent hours researching this.

I have done literally everything I can possibly think of. UAC has always been off. I have taken ownership of all both my Windows 7 UIAutomationCore.dll as well as my Vista version in the FSX directory. I have repaired/reinstalled the .Net Framework and C++ several times and NOTHING IS WORKING. I get the same crash after clicking the menus about a dozen or so times. There has been no major software changes on my computer or FSX in months. I even uninstalled the last addons I installed were FS2Crew for the NGX and JS41 and the issue still arises.

I am in desperate need of help here! Please!!!!!!

Whatever you do DO NOT exchange OS dll versions EVER no matter what people tell you. Doing so will invariably lead to disaster. Think of it this way - you rewrote a module (called ABC ver 2.0) with 5 new functions for the latest version your super wing-ding game. Soon after release, and all of a sudden you company support starts getting hundreds of calls because some yahoo on the forums said that the ABC ver 1.0 worked better.

Yes a bogus example but I think that you get the picture.

Cheers and remember that developers , contrary to what most people think, know what they are doing when they release software.

jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

I doubt the uiautomationcore.dll fix is really a fix at all. It works for some but not for all so it is not a fix. The uiautomationcore.dll belongs to the .net framework program - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms747327.aspx. As stated in the article, all versions are suppose to be compatible with multiple frameworks. Most software developers use .net framework and ui automation to make there product work properly in FSX. Some of the older none FSX software was not developed with .net framework as this technology was developed about the same time as FSX/Acceleration was developed. This is why I think it's an older addon that is creating the problems. FS9 was not used when FS9 or FS9 addons were developed. Your sim crashed when the uiautomationcore.dll was being called. Something happened where FSX could not find a texture or file that was required for a program so FSX crashed. That's one possibility. So what is that program? Requires more investigation....

Another piece of software that developers use to install and run their addons is Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables 2005, 2008, and/or 2010. There was a SP1 to the 2005 MSV that was not included with Acceleration and is required. So you want to make sure that SP is installed. You might look at the MSV site and make sure you have all the SP's installed for each MSV. You'll see that on any page of the MSV downloads. If the product a developer developed with MSV 2005 does not install the way he intended (registry items are what he wanted and file location), then there may be problems. Again, developers did not use this technology to develop FS9 or FS9 addons. Perhaps that's why some say you need to buy addons that were developed specifically for FSX or were converted to be compatible with FSX.

If that doesn't fix the CTD, then I think there might be a problem with BIOS settings. I see you are not really overclocked and just have Turbo Mode turned on to give you a 3.9GHz CPU speed. That means to me that you probably have your BIOS settings for Frequency set to Auto. This means your system set the DRAM voltages, frequencies, and timings automatically. For some ASUS boards, this has been reported as a problem as ASUS boards do not manage memory well in the BIOS. Your CPU voltage was also set automatically. For your system, I would not go any higher than 1.40000. Too low of a setting will also cause problems. Set a voltage no lower than 1.380000. If not properly set, these settings will eventually cause crashes.

Another possibility could be a bad tweak in the FSX.cfg. You can check that by renaming your fsx.cfg to fsx.orig, then restart fsx and let the sim rebuild the config. This will bring the config back to default settings. I don't recommend changing any of the settings, especially under the scenery and AI tabs. Load your flight and see if the problem goes away. If so, there's a problem with a tweak or a high FSX setting.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jonathan: That version did work for some time on my pc, too, but had failed a few times. The version that has worked - that I now install for anyone that has this same issue - is version 6.0.5840.16386. This should be placed in the root folder of FSX - nowhere else, as other apps are expecting a newer version.

You can download this from here, place it in the FSX root folder and rename it as "UIAutomationCore.dll" (no quotes)

If you replaced the versions or uninstalled those in the System32 and SysWoW64 folders - here are those originals, too:

Hope this helps. :smile:

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

The Carenado Jetprop kept having CTDs on my system after about 30 minutes of flight. I installed the 6.0.5840.16386 version of UIAutomationCore.dll and after 10 straight hours of various types of flights in the Jetprop I have not had one CTD. I've read a lot of pros and cons about using this file, but if it works, it works. I would recommend trying it. Since it is not registered, it can simply be deleted if it doesn't do anything.

Ben

Hi Jonathan: That version did work for some time on my pc, too, but had failed a few times. The version that has worked - that I now install for anyone that has this same issue - is version 6.0.5840.16386. This should be placed in the root folder of FSX - nowhere else, as other apps are expecting a newer version.

You can download this from here, place it in the FSX root folder and rename it as "UIAutomationCore.dll" (no quotes)

If you replaced the versions or uninstalled those in the System32 and SysWoW64 folders - here are those originals, too:

Hope this helps. :smile:

I have never had a crash with Paul J's version of uiautomationcore.dll in the 1000s of hours I have been using it. I just copied it into my FSX root directory, I didnt replace the version shipped with my OS (which of course might be used by other programs)

vatsim s3

1133704.png