Sign in to follow this  
CarlosF

Texture problem

I've been trying the demo for a few weeks now and finally think that with the latest betas this sim is better and better and quite smooth. I don't have a high end computer but with my settings I manage around 35 to 50 fpm so I happy with this, but one thing I find odd are the ground textures. see links

http://imageshack.us...s/204/xp10.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/253/xp10settings.jpg/

Is anybody else having this problem?

This is happening since day one and has nothing to do the be beta process, at least on my end.

thanks

Carlos

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Anybody??

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Hummm strange. I never came accross such an effect. Are you using a NVidia or ATI card? Mine is Nvidia 450 GTS 1GB GDDR5

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

its the nVidia GTX 560ti 448 cores 1.25gb gddr5, the thing is that I used to have the GTX 280 and still had the same problem. It may very well be a problem with the demo only.

thanks for responding jcomm, I guess I'm the only one with this problem.

Carlos

thanks for responding jcomm, I guess I'm the only one with this problem.

or maybe I never payed that much attention to it... I'll try to reproduce and will report back ;-)

I strongly hope it is not a show stopper for you :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

That resolution is pretty high for that type of video card.

Try setting it at the same resolution as your desktop and set world detail distance to maximum.

You don't need airport detail at extreme. There is not much difference between extreme and default by way of detail, but there is a significant performance hit. Try default.

Lastly, your gamma seems a bit high. Personally, on a Windows set up, I prefer it at 2.2. Enhances colours and shadows a lot better. But to each his own.

Try those if you wish and see if that clears up the textures a bit.

I strongly hope it is not a show stopper for you :-)

Of course not, I'm still enjoying 9.7, just waiting for 10 to be stable enough and hoping that my pc specs can handle 10, but so far so good. thanks jcomm

@Goran

Try those if you wish and see if that clears up the textures a bit.

Thanks Goran, I will for sure try your suggestions.

Carlos

@Goran

You don't need airport detail at extreme. There is not much difference between extreme and default by way of detail, but there is a significant performance hit. Try default

I have often wondered what the difference is between 'Default', 'Very High' and 'Extreme' as regards airport detail, because I can't see any real difference, as you say Goran, between Default and Extreme. Is it just the amount of detail drawn on light fixtures etc. Perhaps you could explain?

Many thanks

@Goran

I have often wondered what the difference is between 'Default', 'Very High' and 'Extreme' as regards airport detail, because I can't see any real difference, as you say Goran, between Default and Extreme. Is it just the amount of detail drawn on light fixtures etc. Perhaps you could explain?

Many thanks

I wish I could explain. My publisher was discussing an issue I was having with one of my add ons in the early days of XP10 with Ben Supnik. Ben wanted to see my settings (I think for the amount of VRAM being used) and he noticed I too had airport detail set to extreme. Basically said it was completely unnecessary to have it that high but resources used were much more than when at default.

They MAY have seen to this in the updates that followed, so it might be best just to try it out on different settings and see how performance goes.

That's interesting, I don't see a major difference in performance between using the two settings, and I don't notice anything more being drawn on extreme. As you suggest, I will continue experimenting and see how things go.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.