Sign in to follow this  
doorstep

Pro Flight Simulator?

REMOVED LINK.. THIS IS A SCAM AND YOUR MESSAGE LINK PERPETUATES IT. REMOVED.

Anyone tried this?

Is it better than FSX as the advertising say's?

Edited by Tom Allensworth
Scam link

Hi!

I believe I've seen posts by others about this on flightsim websites. From what I've read it is in fact a total scam and is only some form of the freeware flightgear which they are illegally selling or something.

Sorry I couldn't bring better news but just thought I'd pass on the warning that I've read a lot about.

Many thanks.

Pierre.

Anyone tried this?

Is it better than FSX as the advertising say's?

If you search the forums there are numerous threads on this. Flight sims like the one mentioned in your post are essentially payware copies of this free, open source program:

http://www.flightgear.org/

They are offered for sale because the license of flightgear essentially allows it. However, the advertising they use is misleading, often using screenshots and videos from FS-X, X-Plane, etc in an effort to convince you they are equal to or better than these products. They are not. They don't even come close. Flightgear is a fair effort from a community of developers, but it is not on par with any commercial sim out there. The sites offering it up for money are simply hucksters trying to profit off of a free product. They are trying to take advantage of you, the buyer. Don't fall for it.

Regards,

John

Oh my! It's Deja Vu all over again...

...it seems this topic comes up every three days or so. :Thinking:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Oh my! It's Deja Vu all over again...

...it seems this topic comes up every three days or so. :Thinking:

Yes, and I have my suspicions as to why they do. Keep an eye on the poster's join date and message count. When you see someone posting a link, please report it.

Roger that, Tom.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

It is amazing to me that this scam keeps popping up. If there was a serious Flight Simulator being developed somewhere then....you bet this community would be well aware of it and dyeing with anticipation for its release.

Like a new Flight Sim is going to come out of no where.....POOF a new Flight Sim. Where did that come from... :LMAO:

Cheers

Matthew Kane

Hi!

It is amazing to me that this scam keeps popping up. If there was a serious Flight Simulator being developed somewhere then....you bet this community would be well aware of it and dyeing with anticipation for its release.

Like a new Flight Sim is going to come out of no where.....POOF a new Flight Sim. Where did that come from... :LMAO:

Cheers

I agree it does seem a little too good to be true. But they seem to offer something really great which is why I'm sure more than a few guys have fallen for it. I'm pretty sure a company like that wouldn't offer a refund either.

But for me at least some flightsim's do come out of nowhere. I haven't been following things too well but at least as far as I can tell AeroflyFS pretty much came out of nowhere with little previous info or news of development or anything. However they were involved heavily in RC simulation so maybe that is a bit different. I have yet to try it but it look extremely interesting. It's a shame a lot of the airports in Switzerland aren't modelled in it including Zurich and it only covers Switzerland and is not expandable.

Personally my hopes now lie with Outerra. These guys should put pics of the Outerra engine on their site. Then they'd get a lot of takers!

Many thanks.

Pierre

...but it is not on par with any commercial sim out there...

Try saying that in the FlightGear forum!

Hi!

Try saying that in the FlightGear forum!

Lol! Yes very true, or saying "X-plane sucks" in an X-plane forum!

I really hope Flightgear sees some good deveopment in the future. There is a lot of good open-source software out there now I think in other areas so maybe flightsim has a chance too. Although making a 3d flightsim like FsX is probably a lot more work than making a utility to unpack zip and 7z files!

Many thanks.

P.