Sign in to follow this  
Paul Deemer

Thunderhead Alley in the NGX

Paul

Nice weather, I must remember to use the ASE2012 gauge in the centre CDU it fits well, I hadn't thought of doing that, it seems so obvious now! One thought on the United Livery the tail looked more like the old Continental tail, I may well be mistaken it is a long time since I used US airlines as I concentrate on Europe now?

Dave Boreham

Nice. Where were you flying from/to in that United livery?

MROC to MWCR after completing the Central America Tour.

One thought on the United Livery the tail looked more like the old Continental tail

United and Continental have merged into one Airline. That is why you see a blend of both Airlines in the new Livery.

Paul,

Are you able to dock the AS2012 gauge to that position, I use TrackIR and it would be a pain if the gauge was floating around as I moved my view?

Dave Boreham

No you can't dock it. I just did that to show off the weather at the time I was passing through. It works well with the 2d-Panel but not with the Virtual Cockpit.

So that's what it was. I remember I had such thing flying from Turku, Finland to Riga, Latvia. It tossed my plane quite nicely...

United flies that route?

No they don't fly that Route. I was flying a Charter Flight. United Airlines is part of the Star Alliance Network and we can fly any of the Alliance Routes. In addition we can fly a Charter Flight if we choose to do so. So basically you can fly wherever you want. In addition to the fact that United has 747-400s and that we adopted the MD-11 into our fleet that means I can fly the only 3 planes I have which are all PMDG anywhere I want to. (747-400, MD-11, 737-NGX) (777 when released). I think there are at least 2 United Airlines VAs on VATSIM. The one I am a member of is www.virtualunitedairlines.org

No they don't fly that Route. I was flying a Charter Flight. United Airlines is part of the Star Alliance Network and we can fly any of the Alliance Routes. In addition we can fly a Charter Flight if we choose to do so. So basically you can fly wherever you want. In addition to the fact that United has 747-400s and that we adopted the MD-11 into our fleet that means I can fly the only 3 planes I have which are all PMDG anywhere I want to. (747-400, MD-11, 737-NGX) (777 when released). I think there are at least 2 United Airlines VAs on VATSIM. The one I am a member of is www.virtualunitedairlines.org

Ah, I was talking about the real UAL. LOL. Cool, though. One day I'll join a VA.