Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jcomm

How I wish Ron Freimuth was still, materially, with us...

Some 10-15 years ago I invested a lot in MSFS FD internals. I had a great teacher, a master in the internals of that simulation platform, Ronal Freimuth, who passed away in 2006.

I exchanged with him tons (to use a typical X-Plane UI term...) of impoirtant material, many of which I lost on a disk crash around 2007.

I spent hours tweaking many payware and freeware aircraft, for my own, and a few friends use, and some even got into the commercial side - a couple of helicopters sold by a well known European simulation publisher, and two Airbus familiy products where I spent most of the time tweaking the turbofan parameters and they eventualy got integrated into the final product.

If Ron was still among us I am sure he would now help me designing some nice FDs for X-Planes... I also regret never having been able to learn how to use a 3D modelling tool do design my own projects :-(

I'll try to contribute with some sort of weather setting algorithm based only on METAR strings, just as it is done in X-Plane10... If I find the time, I would really like to invest on some sort of weather injector for X-Plane10, the kind they have with AS2012 and other good products in the MSFS World...

And... regarding that FD inspiration... I believe he may still help after all :-)

X-Plane10 is more powerfull / fully featured than MSFS after all, provided we really know how to use it, not only through Plane-Maker, just as in the MSFS world, where not everything can be done by editing AIRfiles.....

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!