Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Are you using the ATC in X-Plane10?

Your comments on this subject will be important!

I am starting to use it, and would really like to "hear" from others experiences...

Regarding AI I have mine set to 0 (1 aircraft only - mine :-) ) in the skies of X-Plane10.

I never used any commercial products for MSFS, I really enjoyed Propilot99's ATC, and Fly2!'s ATC was also promissing... I use ELITE ATC scenarios, very basic, but useful :-)

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I try XPX ATC with each new update. At present I do not use it...yet.

If you depart and arrive from an airfield with a nav-aid you choose for your route, proceeding directly on course, then it seems to work OK. However, if you join a route more than 4nm from your departure point it seems to consider you off course and keeps chirping at you.

Jerry

I used the ATC it for the first time last night. I bought this over the weekend:

http://www.flythissim.com/FTS1000_Diamond.aspx

Running it with 3 monitors (2 stretched across the panel, 1 for the x-plane view) I followed a flight plan from KSEA to WN88 and rather surprisingly got the correct vectors to WN88. "Report when runway is in sight" Okelee Dokelee. Actually quite a pleasant experience, except for the occasional "YOU ARE OFF COURSE" repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat...But that was only for the initial departure stage.

The AI however, I don't touch with a 10 foot cattle prod. Still though the ATC needs some pretty hefty work. I do have confidence in Chris Serio (is it Chris???) doing the ATC justice.

Rhydian

I bought this over the weekend:

Whow! Friends, aren't we :-))))) Are you going to invite me to visit you :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Whow! Friends, aren't we :-))))) Are you going to invite me to visit you :-)

LOL...of course. :lol: So far it's a great bit of software. I'm trying to read the Garmin G1000 manual to be able to use it. I've got some pictures, I'll post them up soon. If all goes well I may start a design for a new simpit based around it...but it will be full scale, so it depends on how the wife feels about having an Diamond DA40 in her living room B)

...but it will be full scale, so it depends on how the wife feels about having an Diamond DA40 in her living room B)

LOL, always the same, in every living room and with every flight sim.

Every time I attempt an ATC controlled flight in X-Plane I want to shoot my monitor within 5 minutes of departing, so... eh.... I'm going to say "not yet".

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

Won't touch x-pane until the ATC and interaction with, is atleast on par with FSX ATC, ie configurable with a speech software.

I find clicking with a mouse uninspiring.

Without this capability X-plane is just not worth spending money on.

I understand the developers has no intentions of improving the ATC so as I said before, it stays in its box until VOXTAC finally gets here. In the mean time I will stick with fsx and upgrade to Prepar3D.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I understand the developers has no intentions of improving the ATC so as I said before, it stays in its box until VOXTAC finally gets here.

Really?? :( Where did you read that? On the dev blog?

I've used VOXATC. I really like it. I find it really adds immersion in FSX (despite the electronic voices). I attended the talk when it first came out at the Birmingham Flight Sim Convention hosted by RC Simulations. Tegwyn West (developer) is pretty clever bloke. It's a very sophisticated bit of software. I'm sure he'll make wonders when he makes it for X-plane 10. I wonder if he can add the Ai traffic like what happens in the FSX version.

Rhydian

No one on the LR team have said ATC will not be improved. They are very receptive to customer feedback, and there have been calls for an improved ATC system.

I have the VoxATC FSX version but haven't used it since moving towards XPlane. In an email several weeks ago, Tegwyn did hint that he will be looking into an XPlane version after the next FSX update is released. More email requests may help.

More email requests may help.

Count on mine :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

I try to use ATC on a regular basis now. It works OK if it wasn't for these 2 annoyances:

1. Taxying is a pain with the ATC constantly repeating the route / runway, and more often than not kicking me out of ATC because I "violated the rules" (the box appears).... all I did was trying follow the (erratic) taxi route. Any ideas?

2. Upon arrival at my destination, I always get vectors for the visual, when I really want to do an IFR approach. Bad luck?

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

No, I don't.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

3 things limit the ATC from being effective or ultimate:

AI traffic with data-based generation (making 747s at a grass strip a thing of the past) and parking spots

ATC that understands the en-route system, both VFR and IFR

Interface that allows for easy voice control of built-in system, either built-in voice control or 3rd party

The 3rd one is kind of an annoyance, not really a big deal, but would make ATC far superior to most others if the ATC system was more like a young adult instead of a toddler. I think most people expected the ATC in XP to be more like a teenager than an infant at release.

I hate to say it, but ATC is only in the back of my mind of things that prevent me from fully enjoying my flights. More important to me are the empty airports all over and the plausible-yet-unrealistic autogen and the handling of the aircraft in shifting, unstable winds. The last one is better, but still not yet realistic for me. A small gust still does too much yawing and is far too sudden, never slowly building and dissipating as real winds do.