Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

Most animated or interactive plane for FSX?

You know how there are toy cars that are just a solid car, then there are toy cars where you can open all the doors, change the wheels/tires, disassemble some engine parts or take out the spare with jack.

I'm wondering what addon plane has the most 'stuff' to tinker with on it, and I'm not just referring to a VC with tons of buttons and levers to operate.

I would include things like an extremely well done interactive Kneeboard checklist or ability to walk into and through the plane. Or perform functions with the plane like drop cargo or scoop up water from a lake.

Anything from A2A

They call their planes living and breathing and they are not lying!

The P51, P40, B-29, P47 are all great. You manage its systems, engine, everything. One of the few addons that you can actually feel the plane. It will save conditions from flight to flight, so if you abuse Her one, the next flight you might hear some noise, notice a loss of pressure in a cylinder, brakes will wear out, You have the option to fix what you want when you want.

I can not recommend A2A enough. Great great support and community over there also.

Check them out, because all of what you described above is what they offer.

http://a2asimulations.com/

Hi!

Sorry I don;'t have much payware aircraft for FsX. I have heard the Aerosoft Diamond Katana is quite complete for a small GA aircraft and even has options to service the engine or put in oil and stuff (not sure if that's true but I think I read it somewhere). it's not really that complex an aircraft to operate though from what I've read so there isn't that much to play around with in the cockpit compared to say a PMDG or IFly 737!

Hope it might help.

Many thanks.

P.

The A2A Boeing 377 Stratocruiser with AccuSim and the additional option COTS - Captain of the Ship. It will satisfy for a long time based on your posted requirements..so detailed and interactive I jump back to the A2A J3 Cub just to take a break! It's a phenominal piece of modeling..oh AND IT ACTUALLY FLIES TOO! lol... B)

There is also the Dornier 27 from Digital Aviation. It has some of the same features as the Katana 4X (plane and engine can get damaged if not treated properly).

I wish there where more planes like this, after I got the A2A stuff, Katana and Dornier I can't go back to the Carenados anymore no matter how good the VC looks.

I get so much more Immersion with these, for the first time in FSX I have to go trough the checklist and fly the planes properly so they don't get damaged.

A2A is appealing indeed... but they currently don't have any planes I like. Now if they could do a Seneca V, or a good G58, then I'm all in.

as to the OP: Most complex plane I've owned is the EagleSoft Citation X 2.0. Takes about 15 minutes before you can move it out of the parking spot.

Aerosoft or A2A for those kind of details.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

The Aerosoft Katana 4x is the most comprehensive GA out there... nothing comes close to the amount of things you can do to/with it...

Unfortunately I rarely fly my copy... it's a slow slow plane hehe.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Aerosoft Katana 4x - looks to be the best, full featured GA plane around; and for a GA, sleek as heck too boot

EagleSoft Citation X 2.0 - impressively complex for sure but if I get something like this I think I'd rather get the Aerosoft Concorde X

A2A B377 Stratocruiser - wow, I wanted the Concorde pretty badly but I think this supersedes it

Digital Aviation Dornier 27 - yawn, after the above 4 planes, this one kinda puts me to sleep

My first purchase 6 months ago was the Aerosoft Catalina X. I need to master it some more before I buy another but..

Great suggestions above, I think I have something(s) for my Christmas list now. :)

The Aerosoft Katana 4x is the most comprehensive GA out there

Agreed!

and:

A2A birds with accusim.

Digital Aviation Dornier 27 - yawn, after the above 4 planes, this one kinda puts me to sleep

Why? Whats wrong with it?

I think It is just as great as the Katana4x and I like that animated copilot, allthough she's a little to silent, but atleast she's not complaining about my pilot skills as Heidi does ^_^

Aerosoft Katana is my Fav GA plane

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

A2A will be coming out with a C172 I think and the Piper Comanche. Not sure when but you know they will be winners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A2A will be coming out with a C172 I think and the Piper Comanche. Not sure when but you know they will be winners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you hear this? Wonder if they will come with an amphibious version of these at all? Really like to have water options for the Tongass Fjord X stuff.

A2A will be coming out with a C172 I think and the Piper Comanche.

They bought a Comanche IRL but they're not doing one - I wish they were. They're doing the older Hershey Bar winged Cherokee with the whole range of Cherokee fixed gear engine/prop choices from 160HP fixed through 235HP constant speed. Basically the line that would become the Warrior, Archer and Dakota.

Where did you hear this?

A2A's update video and forums.

Scott