Sign in to follow this  
Ps762

Your favourite default FsX aircraft (sorry this has probably been asked before)?

Hi!

Sorry for asking a question which has probably been asked a million times. But was just wondering what default FsX aircraft people liked the most.

For me I have been flying the Maule a lot recently and it is an absolute blast. Looks nice, handles very smoothly. Maybe not as complete as some payware and stuff but a very cool VFR aircraft in my opinion.

Plus it is a taildragger which doesn't tip over on landing without rudder pedals unlike the Cub which has done this a lot with me in the past!

Any thoughts welcome.

Many thanks.

P.

I quite like the Maule, too, but my favorite default aircraft actually is the Caravan, though Carenado's version is nicer.

From the default airliners, I'd say I like the 737 most, because it has a nice and quite functional cockpit (as has the A321) and doesn't show any starnge behavior when on approach (as opposed to the A321).

Hi!

I agree the 737 is quite nice although I haven't flown it much. The airbus is quite nice although I'm so used to the Eric Marciano/Ifdg freeware combo from Fs9 I just can't seem to enjoy it as much yet.

You will think I'm crazy but I was flying the Fs98 737 (in Fs98) the other day and it was great. Sure the panel sucks and the graphics are crap but the flight model is really really good in my opinion. Unlike in Fs9/FsX/Fs2002 etc. where the 737's seem extremely overpowered and light the Fs98 actually feels heavy on the ground and taxi's heavily and climbs like I would expect an airliner would. Especially at full fuel and stuff it really "feels" heavy. Good stuff by the designers from 1998!

Many thanks.

P.

I quite like the Baron, especially with Reality XP gauges in the panel.

The FSX default aircraft are not all that bad, at least in the Cockpit view.

Bert

Well, I'd like to propose a toast to the good old C172.

:Party:

For some reason I still like flying it...

Those are all nice FSX default birds with admirable R/W reputations and history..HOWEVER none of them hold a candle to the Douglas DC-3. It's just as home at Kennedy Intl. as it is in the Yukon bush landing on skis on frozen lakes. Yes..the DC-3 is the hands-down most respected and reliable aircraft inthe FSX default fleet. If I was stranded and had an airfield to use but no aircraft..my choice would be the ultra-dependable DC-3. What can top it's service record... huh? B)

Hi!

Many thanks for the replies and images.

I also like the Baron, although have not flown it much in FsX yet. Plus the default Blue-white color scheme is a favourite of mine!

The Cessna 172 is also hard to fault. I have even "flown" a real one a couple of times (no I didn't enjoy it!) so have something to compare it too. From what I remember the real one felt a bit heavier and smoother in the way it flew but maybe that is just the limitations of the FsX model or me using a joystick!

The DC-3 is still laregly unexplores territory for me. The closest I have been to one is the cockpit section of a DC-3 military version (C something?) they have in the science museum here. I can stare at that for a long time so maybe I should try and fly it in FsX sometime!

Many thanks.

P.

Caravan or DC-3 probably, though I don't really fly default aircraft anymore other than when testing my sceneries, and for that I mostly happen to use C172.

I havent flown a default aircraft since I dont know when* because I have lots of great payware and want to make the most of it. Im surprised how good that Baron looks, they made a really good job of that!

*Actually thats not right I tried the F18 a few weeks ago. It was shocking (bad)

There are also replacement airfiles for some of the default aircraft (C172, Cub, Baron..)

Search for Alexander Metzger and Rob Young.

Bert