Sign in to follow this  
Ps762

Out of the way places you fly in FsX?

Hi!

Just thought I'd ask if anyone flies in any out of the way places in FsX. I mean places which don't have Orbx scenery for example (not that there's anything wrong with Orbx!).

For me I have been flying recent flight in Northern Iraq. I have a family connection with the region but besides that it is a beautiful area to fly with lots of green orchards and desertlike mountains.

Here's a jpeg of a VFR map from the library:

There were a lot of small airfields and strips which no longer seem to exist in Iraq and are not in FsX either which is a shame.

The default scenery for the area also doesn't look too good (I can't remember if I even tried it!) but with Cloud9's LandclassX things look very different.

Many thanks.

P.

I use a really out-of-the-way palce as my default flight: Mataveri Int'l (SCIP) in the Southern Pacific (don't really fly there, because it's really far away from everything else, but it's great, because FSX needs less than 30secs to load that flight even at very high setings).

Other remote places I visited recently were mostly in Russia's far East, but most of the time I tend to visit places I got add-ons for.

Hi!

Thanks for the reply. The South Pacific is a very beautiful place in real life and can be in FsX too. Here is a shot from the island of Epi in the 80 islands or so which make up the country of Vanuatu:

I hear a company called Pacific Island simulations has some good payware for Micronesia and also Papua New Guinea.

i would like to fly an Antonov An-2 in Russia!!

Many thanks.

P.

I hear a company called Pacific Island simulations has some good payware for Micronesia and also Papua New Guinea.

I don't have their products, but the screenshots I saw at simmarket look promising. But to behones, I don't like flying over oceans that much.

i would like to fly an Antonov An-2 in Russia!!

I hear Aerosoft got one coming, but there's no release date yet. Seems they're far away from release, but I'm looking forward to that one. I'd only wish there were more good sceneries for Russia available, but it's hard to get access to airport material there, due to security restrictions.

Cheers,

Flo

Hi!

I hear Aerosoft got one coming, but there's no release date yet. Seems they're far away from release, but I'm looking forward to that one. I'd only wish there were more good sceneries for Russia available, but it's hard to get access to airport material there, due to security restrictions.

Cheers,

Flo

The good thing about these Russians is that they make some great freeware! I used to have a cool An-2 for Fs9 with all Russian writing and stuff to decipher and stuff. I'm not sure but this might be the same aircraft updated for FsX:

http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2766/fs2004-fsx-antonov-an-2/

It would have been cool if Orbx had done Russia (or a part of it) as part of their next scenery. i think they are doing the UK which although will be cool I'm not too bothered with seeing as there is already very good payware photoscenery (Horizon simulations) and airports (Uk2000) for the Uk.

Many thanks.

P.

I mostly fly to/from Cuba and Thailand with my Fspassengers virtual airline. I have many good sceneries for both countries & their surroundings, and I have visited them both in real life and really liked them.

Soon when I have finished my Malta scenery project I will probably add Malta intl airport as my third base and start flying some flights around Europe, that way I could switch between these three places whenever I feel so.

Hi!

I mostly fly to/from Cuba and Thailand with my Fspassengers virtual airline. I have many good sceneries for both countries & their surroundings, and I have visited them both in real life and really liked them.

Soon when I have finished my Malta scenery project I will probably add Malta intl airport as my third base and start flying some flights around Europe, that way I could switch between these three places whenever I feel so.

Interesting to read! I know nothing about Cuba in flightsim or much in real life either. Maybe it's time to look into it. I have seen Cubana aircraft land at London Gatwick a couple of times which is cool.

I have also never flown virtually in Thailand either although I have been there in real life (a long time ago) and enjoyed it a lot. I have seen some excellent Thai airports in the screenshot forums on flightsim sites though.

Good luck with the Malta scenery design. I enjoy scenery design too but am not very good at it! it can get addictive though (at least for me!)

Many thanks.

P.

Every year at Christmas I fly back to southern Ontario into London CYXU. It's a smaller airport serviced by WestJet, Air Canada Express (Jazz), United Express, Sunwing and Canjet. Also located there is a Diamond Aircraft office, at one time a Jazz Aviation office, and several GA hangars and flight schools. I really liked the airport due to the 'walk on tarmac' experience to deplane and board aircraft, however they have recently built jetways.

I sometimes fly there in FSX however there is no good scenery as of yet unfortunately. Only an FS 2004 one that works atrociously in FSX.

Because of my brief venture into MS Flight I found myself having a nice connection with Hawaii so I tend to fly Hawaii a lot since I know the layout of the islands fairly well. With GEX Atlantic, Pacifics and Tropics, FSGenesis Mesh some freeware airports and ADE sprucing up of some small airports it's a fun little place to get away from the land of Orbx... I just wish there was more payware for the smaller airports in Hawaii.. I know FSDT has two Hawaii collections but I'd really love a really well done smaller GA airport to call home.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Hi!

Many thanks for the replies. Some cool ideas for places to fly in the future.

Every year at Christmas I fly back to southern Ontario into London CYXU. It's a smaller airport serviced by WestJet, Air Canada Express (Jazz), United Express, Sunwing and Canjet. Also located there is a Diamond Aircraft office, at one time a Jazz Aviation office, and several GA hangars and flight schools. I really liked the airport due to the 'walk on tarmac' experience to deplane and board aircraft, however they have recently built jetways.

I sometimes fly there in FSX however there is no good scenery as of yet unfortunately. Only an FS 2004 one that works atrociously in FSX.

Thanks. Will have a look into it. Sounds like a nice place. A while ago I threw away a lot of money trying to get a pilot's license (and failing!) and the aircraft I flew most was the Diamond Katana. I had never heard of it, not being in any version of flightsim! But it was quite a cool aircraft and I started looking into who built it and stuff. Will have another look on the Diamond Aviation website!

I don't know much about it but I think it is possible to fix some Fs9 scenery to work in FsX. I know someone did an excellent job with Shez Ansari's Palm Springs airport scenery and that is quite a complex smaller airport. It might have been a lot of work though!

Because of my brief venture into MS Flight I found myself having a nice connection with Hawaii so I tend to fly Hawaii a lot since I know the layout of the islands fairly well. With GEX Atlantic, Pacifics and Tropics, FSGenesis Mesh some freeware airports and ADE sprucing up of some small airports it's a fun little place to get away from the land of Orbx... I just wish there was more payware for the smaller airports in Hawaii.. I know FSDT has two Hawaii collections but I'd really love a really well done smaller GA airport to call home.

I used to fly in Hawaii a lot in Fs9 and even tried to make some scenery for it which I released in the library and about 20 people downloaded! It wasn't very good. I also wish there were more airports scenery for the islands. If you like Pacific Islands simming but don't mind something less picture-postcard I have heard Pacific Islands Simulations Papua New Guinea comes with scenery and a lot of airports too so there are lots of places to explore. It kinda lacks the glamour of the Hawaian Islands though but just thought I'd mention it!

Many thanks,

Pierre

Is anyone making an

Antonov 225

:P

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Although we're getting kinda off-topic there is one by the now famous Thomas Ruth here:

http://www.simflight...an-225-for-fsx/

That one's in the avsim library as well, but it doesn't really fly well IMO, and the starnge signs in the cockpit always confuse me. (But maybe that's only, because I can actually read the Cyrillic letters and read a "DR" instaed of an "AP" here: "ДР" and so on.) But, yeah, his modelling abilities are great, the interior and exterior models of his Antonovs are good quality.

Back on topic: Hawaii sounds appealing to me. If there were only good photoscenery packages available (Something like BlueSkyScenery, for example, though not necessarily freeware) that cover at least the main islands, I 'd be there more often.

My three out of the way places are-

EKVG Vagar Airport, The Faroes. A definite stop on every flight across the Atlantic in GA.

PLHI Lord Howe Island. A nice, tropical stop on the way between Australia and New Zealand

PHFS Tern Island. About 400 miles west of Lihue Hawaii. The default Tern Island is just a coral strip, but there is some freeware addon scenery available.

Hi!

I mean places which don't have Orbx scenery....

That's most of the world, isn't it? B)

I've been exploring the fjords of Norway from places like Trondheim-Vaernes and Bodo - now that's a part of the world that would respond well to Orbx treatment!

Another favourite is island hopping in the Atlantic between places like the Canaries, Cape Verde, Azores and Ascension.

And since I've got FS Global Ultimate I also like flying from Quito in Ecuador south to explore the volcanoes of the Andes.

Ian