Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Madin

woai/ttools problems(again)

Good day All,

Apologies for starting this topic again.

Circumstances forced a reload of fs9 andI i put it back in the MS default. I then needed to add some more AI and reload and divert the WOAI aircraft for aerosofts VHHX.

First--- WOAI installer couldnt find fs9 but it did find fsx. When I eventually tried manual extraction I got big red letters telling me that there had been an "unhandled exception etc" and that jitDebugging must be enabled in the application or computor config file.

Second--- I tried TTools with the fs9 traffic030528 bgl file. It decompiled with no problem but got halfway through compiling them again and came up with a red message telling me that it had been unable to delete the old traffic file and "was C:\programmefiles(x86\msgames\flightsimulator9\scenery\world\scenery\traffic write protected ????".

Third--- I tried TTools with fsx and asked it to decompile trafficaircraftbgl and it came up with the message ERROR unable to read from file C:\FSX\scenery\world\scenery\trafficaircraft.bgl.

I have also been into the expert side of the WOAI installer and can find no aircraft and no airports and just as I press the exit key I get the jitDebugging message again telling me to go to the systems.windows.forms section and configure jitDebugging=true.

i have checked on all the help files and have done the necessary with the debugging in internet explorer but cant find the --systems.windows.forms section.

The copy of the WOAL installer is a new one from the avsim library.

Would be very grateful for assistance on this one.

Thanks

outoppie

<strong class='bbc'>This is an automatic message.</strong><br /><br /><br />This topic has been moved from "The Student's Hangar - Fundamentals" to "The FS2004 (FS9) Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.<br /><ul class='bbc'><br /><li>The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.<br /></li><li>The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.<br /></li><li>The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.<br /></li><li>The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.<br /></li></ul><br /><br />Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums.<br /><br />Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Sincerely,

Chase 

My 2017 Build: Liquid Cooled i7 7700K CPU idle @ 4.2GHz | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G | 16GB's DDR4 4000 RAM | ASUS 27" 144hz Gaming Monitor | MSI Z270 M7 Motherboard  | Windows 10 | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB SSD

TTools is not designed to be used with FSX traffic files. Use AIFP instead http://stuff4fs.com/newpage.asp?JS=False&Folder=AIFP.

If you are using Windows 7, which it appears that you are because of the C:\ Program Files(x86) reference, it's best to turn off UAC, at least temporarily, and do the FS9/FSX installs as Administrator.

Actually, the recommendation is to not use Program Files(x86) for FS9/FSX related files and instead place them in a directory not so tightly contolled by the OS. Some people use C:\FSX, etc. You'll end up with a lot less headaches.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem