Hey guys, recently I started down the long road to becoming a professional pilot. I've been looking for a decent piece of flight sim software to go with a sim-chair I'd like to purchase with a friend of mine. My question is to the heli pilots; does the r22 perform in P3D as it does in real life? So far I've been completely unable to find a sim that is even reasonably close to actual flying in a helicopter. Take On Helicopters, FSX, FlightGear, etc... all seem to be based on the idea that sensitivity = realism, and that's just not the case. Helicopters are twitchy, and they do require very subtle control inputs, but none of the aforementioned sims even come close to the feeling of a real R22. I know P3D is based on FSX, and that the visual improvements are significant, but honestly I couldn't care less about the visuals if the flight model doesn't stack up. I know P3D comes with an R22 model out of the box, has anyone with significant R22 flight time had a chance to fly it and compare? I haven't found any posts on this or any other forums, and a pretty thorough google search has yielded nothing. I know the aviation world doesn't care much about rotary pilots, but there's gotta be someone with some r22 time who has flown P3D... Any information would be great, thanks.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.