Sign in to follow this  
Matt450

HUD not working

I have tried countless times yo get the HUD to show anything. Even loading from the PMDG tutorial #2 saved flight the HUD always remains blank when I lower it? Is tere some solution? If so, I wold like to hear about it

I've had this problem before. Try going into your DLL.XML, and clean it up a bit. There should be a back-up one there, and look through them to find the 'PMDG NGX HGS' one and copy it into the current one, if that doesn't work, uninstall and re install.

Also make sure you are sitting right. I found that EZdok usually moves default viewpoint away from where it should be. If you use EZdok, try disabling it, then use Reset viewpoint key combination (set in FSX control panel)

i have that problem too, i looked for the dll.xml as you said and i did see that pmdghud.dll, it's written there that it disabled, should i overwrite with enable? thanks

or have you tried turning on the hgs on the hgs control panel first

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

i have that problem too, i looked for the dll.xml as you said and i did see that pmdghud.dll, it's written there that it disabled, should i overwrite with enable? thanks

Hi dan, I imagined you made a back up copy of your hard drive as i had. I had the same problem as you , all i did is went to my back up copy of user/data /roaming/fsx i copied the whole folder and than just paste it over the corrupted folder. Than it was all back to normal again. But your way could work too since didnt try that way, you could always try but remember make a back up copy first

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi dan, I imagined you made a back up copy of your hard drive as i had. I had the same problem as you , all i did is went to my back up copy of user/data /roaming/fsx i copied the whole folder and than just paste it over the corrupted folder. Than it was all back to normal again. But your way could work too since didnt try that way, you could always try but remember make a back up copy first

thanks mate, will try and report back.

For future reference, it might be useful to include HOW you solved your problem.

whoops :wacko: . sorry.

It turns out that I did not have the following lines in the dll.xml file:

<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>

No problem, and thanks for adding ;)

Matt450.  I have the problem, and I would  be grateful for the entire DLL entry for the HGS.

Many thanks.

I have the problem, and I would  be grateful for the entire DLL entry for the HGS.

It's actually all posted up on support.precisionmanuals.com - instant help.

Kyle Rodgers

Matt450.  I have the problem, and I would  be grateful for the entire DLL entry for the HGS.

Many thanks.

You can contact PMDG support, they will fix it for you.