Sign in to follow this  
danydj96

No HGS in PMDG 737-NGX Liveries

I have installed an Air Berlin livery but when I start the plane there isn't any HGS panel. Why does it happen?

Dany García

As already suggested, I suspect that the AirBerlin airline does not have their aircraft configured by Boeing with the HGS, hence your livery of it reflects the real world. The liveries produced are that realistic that they mirror the equipment options chosen by the various arlines. So for example, BA will have a different config to AirBerlin or American Airlines - you will note that some have ETOPS, short field, WiFi, etc - all options provided by Boeing - just subject to how much hard cash the airlines are paying. The liveries available are not just a case of a new pretty wrapper around the outside! :wink:

As Raven suggested, a bit of reading may have helped you on this front, but yes, it is possible to change the configuration of your aircraft from the CDU, by changing the equpment config.

Just to clarify...most of us painting additional 3rd party liveries that are found on AVSIM are not going to that level of detail. The official liveries off the PMDG liveries pages are probably all configured based on real world use. Dany didn't state where his livery came from, so I'll assume it was off the official download page on the PMDG site.

All the comments above are correct...you can configure any NGX to match equipment you want to fly with. So yes...I'm painting wrappers... :lol:

If you want the HGS in a non HGS plane, go to your FMC>PMDG Options> Equipment > Page 4 and you'll see HGS, turn that on.

Fair comment Steve - I did make the assumption (dangerously) that he meant the official PMDG ones!

And as for your wrappers - they still look pretty tasty. And besides, without guys like you... well, we would all be rolling about in house versions (not that they are all too shabby).

And Dany, it would appear 'BlaqAce' has done the homework for you to give a more specific answer.

Yes, thank you everybody and specially BlaqAce. Althought some companies doesn't use the HGS, in Flight Simulator X you can configure the plane to you liking.