Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Lockheed P3D and EULA's for Add-On's

There's no difference in  wording of Section 1 of the EULA - Licence Grant -  between the Professional and Developer  Licences. It's different for the Academic Licence.

Go make an AFCAD and don't have fun doing it.

Go make an AFCAD and don't have fun doing it.

Seriously, I think that would be a given.

Seriously, I think that would be a given.

lol...true.

There's no offical "I'm a developer" diploma you get if you make an aiport or redo some texture sets.

Go create or edit an AFCAD and upload it. You've just successfully helped develop scenery for P3D. Welcome to the club. There are no baselines that you must develop "X quality scenery" or "X number of sceneries" to qualify as a developer.

No, just take my word for it, I know how to read the blue print my own way, further more,I know how to use a lot of tools and I used them all so that automatically qualify me as a building contractor (regardless of the *****y work I may produce), no need for anything else, see below... :Peace:

chantier.gif

Edit: Just found out that two of the best company in the industry would not let me use their tools....I don't know why since I know better then them about what I'm doing and I'm good to go?

No, just take my word for it, I know how to read the blue print my own way, further more,I know how to use a lot of tools and I used them all so that automatically qualify me as a building contractor (regardless of the *****y work I may produce), no need for anything else, see below... :Peace:

chantier.gif

Edit: Just found out that two of the best company in the industry would not let me use their tools....I don't know why since I know better then them about what I'm doing and I'm good to go?

Your analogy simply doesn't fit. People don't "qualify" to be developers. They either attempt to develop scenery or they don't, whether they are great at it or suck at it, whether they make one AFCAD or build a cityscape of NY.

But A for effort.

Your analogy simply doesn't fit. People don't "qualify" to be developers. They either attempt to develop scenery or they don't, whether they are great at it or suck at it, whether they make one AFCAD or build a cityscape of NY.

But A for effort.

Yes it does.....by my own definition of the blue print, is it not your point, how ever you read the blue print you can find a way to make it fit your own need, regardless of the blue print been the same for everybody?

Saying it again, recently in the xplane forum a member was told by a mod to take a break because it was their opinion that the person was not serious about the sim and spent their time in the forum baiting and being negative all the time.

Alain, you dont use p3d, have no interest in it yet persist in the forum to bait, argue and in general make a nuisance of yourself.

Why has a mod not given you the same advice?

You can spin this argument of definitions anyway you like but the only thing that is painfully obvious is that neither LM or Microsoft give a ****. LM would surely enforce whatever it is you believe to be true and Microsoft would have sued the pants off. Fact is, even after all this time of useless conjecture, not a single person on this forum has been confronted nor have any one of these companies filed a complaint. We would all hear about that one.

That is the reality, but please feel free to continue arguing for the sake of arguing. Unfortunately not everyone has heard of the term "Broken Record"  I believe only a superiority complex would compel someone to consistently beat a dead horse, but whatever, some people seem to enjoy doing that in order to prove a point.  Shame really.

Alain, you dont use p3d, have no interest in it yet persist in the forum to bait, argue and in general make a nuisance of yourself.

Why has a mod not given you the same advice?

+1

Please stop him from posting in this forum. He has nothing positive to say about P3D and his only objective it seems is to argue the EULA.

You can spin this argument of definitions anyway you like but the only thing that is painfully obvious is that neither LM or Microsoft give a ****. LM would surely enforce whatever it is you believe to be true and Microsoft would have sued the pants off. Fact is, even after all this time of useless conjecture, not a single person on this forum has been confronted nor have any one of these companies filed a complaint. We would all hear about that one.

That is the reality, but please feel free to continue arguing for the sake of arguing. Unfortunately not everyone has heard of the term "Broken Record"  I believe only a superiority complex would compel someone to consistently beat a dead horse, but whatever, some people seem to enjoy doing that in order to prove a point.  Shame really.

Yet.

Quote from Mathijs, " If anybody has a problem with it, it will probably be Microsoft. I know they are making some noises. " en of quote.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/69816-prepar3d-simming-eulas-pmdg-what-a-mess/

I know Mathijs as been a straight shooter.

Like I said before, they would be crazy not to sell you their products as long as they can regardless of what you are doing with it.

I can't see MS going after one person or two, the day they will make a move they will go for the big fish.

Saying it again, recently in the xplane forum a member was told by a mod to take a break because it was their opinion that the person was not serious about the sim and spent their time in the forum baiting and being negative all the time.

I have no problems what so ever with P3D, never  have I once said that P3D was a bad sim or that P3D will not be a good one in the future, am I bashing the product....?

Point me to the open Legal case of MS v LM and I will shut my trap. Until then, may I suggest you do the same on this subject.

Yes, you may.

But where is that link??

Where is that Apple v Samsung type case that your hoping for??

You may have been a member here for quite some time Alain, and your posts are for the most part constructive and positive, however your opinion on this subject is not needed or welcome. I only hope that you come to realize that before you alienate yourself from more members here.

But where is that link??

Where is that Apple v Samsung type case that your hoping for??

You may have been a member here for quite some time Alain, and your posts are for the most part constructive and positive, however your opinion on this subject is not needed or welcome. I only hope that you come to realize that before you alienate yourself from more members here.

Agreeing with you or not I will always 100% respect your or other poster's opinion, it is not nor was it ever my intention to make this subject a personal one with anybody.

Agreeing with you or not I will always 100% respect your or other poster's opinion, it is not nor was it ever my intention to make this subject a personal one with anybody.

Nor Mine. I'm a long time member who enjoy's reading other people's opinions, thoughts and updates on P3D. In saying that, Im tired of following posts that always spiral south because of differing interpretations of this subject. Unfortunately it is happening in every post and the vocal minority is spoiling it for everyone else. Its not personal, however I will protest against it. If you don't own P3D please stop. It shows a lack of respect.

If you do own P3D then please provide your thoughts, positive or otherwise that can be of benefit to others.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Quote from Mathijs, " If anybody has a problem with it, it will probably be Microsoft. I know they are making some noises. " en of quote.

http://forum.aerosof...dg-what-a-mess/

I know Mathijs as been a straight shooter.

You were rather selective with the qoute there Alain.......you missed this rather important part:

"I believe that LM is not actively pushing P3D to us lowly customers, but I know that the people I speak to certainly do not mind, in fact they love it and they have asked us many many times to push our products on that platform. And clearly they do not do that for a professional or academic market."