Sign in to follow this  
188AHC

Sometimes Flight can aggravate you

Today I finally got some time to fly a bit. I selected a passenger flight from Deadhorse to Badami with four souls in the cub. It was a bit crowded.

The flight went perfectly with small corrections for a crosswind and I greased the landing. The green checkmark stayed green all the way to the parking area at Badami. When I was scored, I got no happy passengers. What? When I checked my profile, my "sickened" passenger count had gone up by four. Wonder how in the world I got that? Grrrrrr!!

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I will trade you!! :lol:

I am stuck in the house on a grey day with pouring rain, and the kids have "borrowed" my joystick. I am more bored than a bored thing, and would love to fly no matter what quirky thing Flight does. ^_^

My other choices are insipid television, web surfing like mad (Hi!) or dodging deer on the road to someplace interesting.

The only time your situation tends to happen to me is on barely visible dirt strips with heavy shaking down the runway.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

When I was scored, I got no happy passengers. What?

Your flying must be pretty dang bad! LOL

Just kidding

Clear runway, landed on the center past the marker, very smooth, textbook. Just can't figure out why the passengers got sick. Maybe they boarded sick. Yeah, that's it. Boarded sick. Not my fault at all. :lol:

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

You didn't hear any moans, screams, upchucking whilst flying?

If not , that is really wierd - normally if that happens to me, I get some sort of voice feedback of why they are not happy.

No screaming, no comments, and the lady was happy on unloading and said she would fly with me again. Weird. But like I said, I think they were all sick on boarding. This should have been a med flight instead.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

No screaming, no comments, and the lady was happy on unloading and said she would fly with me again. Weird. But like I said, I think they were all sick on boarding. This should have been a med flight instead.

Flight is extremely weird on that manner. Green checkmark all the time, passengers say they'll fly with me again, sick passengers with 0 points. Yellow checkmark when landing, passengers say nothing about flying with me again, happy passengers with 200 points.

Had a similar experience.

Reminds me a bit of the Rod Machado lessons in ol' MS FS2000. Greasing the landing made Rod angry, while almost crashing the plane made him happy. Artificial intelligence isn't all it's cracked up to be. Or is that Rod's intelligence at work, even in Flight? :)

Had a similar experience.

Reminds me a bit of the Rod Machado lessons in ol' MS FS2000. Greasing the landing made Rod angry, while almost crashing the plane made him happy. Artificial intelligence isn't all it's cracked up to be. Or is that Rod's intelligence at work, even in Flight? :)

I don't remember anything like that in FS2004 and FSX. I guess those lessons have been improved since FS2000.

I don't remember anything like that in FS2004 and FSX. I guess those lessons have been improved since FS2000.

Well, to be perfectly honest with you, I have a tendency to exaggerate. Those lessons were actually quite good (except that you couldn't understand a word Rod said because of bad sound recording). But still, the AI in the FS2000 lessons did have some strange quirks.

Well, to be perfectly honest with you, I have a tendency to exaggerate. Those lessons were actually quite good (except that you couldn't understand a word Rod said because of bad sound recording). But still, the AI in the FS2000 lessons did have some strange quirks.

Yup, the sound quality is so bad that I can't hear a thing. When I was under the impression that Flight would be FS11, I expected a remake of them, but oh well.

I don't know about FS2000 because I haven't played one. I've tried the lessons in FS2002, FS2004 and FSX and the AI seemed fine to me.