Sign in to follow this  
FTD1949

My Traffic AI aircraft volume

Hi All,

I started a flight using VOXATC last night and when I started to taxi past a couple of AI props the their volume drowned out the controllers instructions/requests.

Does anyone know how to lower the volume of AI aircraft?

I've left this message in the My Traffic forum as well.

Thanks

You can lower the number of AI aircraft somewhere in the VoxATC settings.

The regular My traffic aircraft schedules in FSX are disabled as part of the VoxATC install process as the program chooses its own AI traffic itself based upon the flight plan schedules you have installed.

You should be able to find the info you need in the VoxATC manual! :-)

I don't mean the volume as in total amount of AI Traffic but the audio volume of the traffic.

Oops sorry!

That is configurable in the VoxATC voice settings. You can choose which voices you want and their individual volumes. Are you using the free-to-download the voices on the website?

Let me try explaining this again. Perhaps I haven't been describing it in the best way.

The volume of ATC in VoxATC is just fine, as is the amount of AI Traffic.

The problem I have is that the sound of the AI traffic engines while in the Virtual Cockpit view is louder than ATC which is at a normal listening level.

When in VC it sounds as though you are hearing the sound of the AI aircraft engines as though you were standing outside next to them instead of being in the cockpit.

The AI traffic sound is about twice the level it should be and I would like to LOWER the audio level of the AI traffic engines.

Lower the Engine volume slider and turn up the Voice volume slider in FSX. Also look at the MyTrafficX communicator in later versions of MyTraffic there is a tool built-in that lets you adjust the AI volume level.

Cheers, Andy.

This is certainly true of MyTraffic 3D which is compatible with Prepar3D. Thanks for the tip Andy.