Sign in to follow this  
counter

Cockpit Video Sys

Hey!

I found a switch on my NGX which I have no idea what it is for! Its in the back of the Overhead panel and says "Cockpit Video Sys".

What would this thing do in the real 737?

(I know this is not a support question but I didn't know an other place to ask!)

Thanks,

counter! :)

I think this turns off/on the cockpit video system which is basically a cockpit image recorder (CIR) which the NTSB seem to think will benefit the investigation of accidents.

I can't be 100% though, my company don't have it installed... but I think that answer would make the most sense!

Tom, I would say it is a switch for the door camera. AFAIK you dont need to have the camera if you have a peephole, although there might be regulatory authorities that mandate camera.

cant find a picture though, sorry.

Tom, I would say it is a switch for the door camera. AFAIK you dont need to have the camera if you have a peephole, although there might be regulatory authorities that mandate camera.

cant find a picture though, sorry.

That switch powers/depowers a camera that is installed in the forward cabin so the flight crew can see what is on the other side before they unlock the door.It has nothing to do with with the NTSB or other investigation branch.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

I'm I the only one sitting here looking at that pic of the RW cockpit, thinking 'damn, that is sexy'?! :Big Grin:

And thanks for bringing us up to speed with the answer.

I'm I the only one sitting here looking at that pic of the RW cockpit, thinking 'damn, that is sexy'?! :Big Grin:

Nope I feel the same about the pic xD

Some of the 737s I was in had this. But on my last flight we had a little screen on the pedestal with a rotary knob to select which camera should the screen display. Pretty cool feature, one of the cams was on top right infront of the flight deck door looking down, I can clearly remember seeing myself as I stepped into the flight deck :P