Sign in to follow this  
Ps762

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (pc game).

Hello,

Just thought I'd write a little about the pc game I'm currently playing (besides flightsim). When I was a teenager I spent many hours playing adventure games on my Atari ST by companies like Lucasarts such as "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" and "Zak Mckraken". They were well written with good scripts and puzzles my only complaint being they were a little hard to complete. Currently I discovered a PC game I had never heard of by Lucasarts "Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis". A couple of screenshots from how far I've got so far:

So anyone else ever waste hours or days on these point-and-click "adventures"!

Many thanks,

Pierre

I still play Oregon trail when I have a few hours of free time.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

Hi!

I still play Oregon trail when I have a few hours of free time.

Thanks. Looks like an interesting game. The subject matter sure captures the imagination at least!

Many thanks,

Pierre

I remember my brother's friend had an apple comuter I think and there was a game called Lemonade or something. That was cool too although I think all you did was pick prices and try to sell lemonade!

Loved Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis...

The other one I really loved was The Dagger of Amon Ra (plus all of the Leisure Suit Larry games!)

Noah Bryant

Hi!

Loved Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis...

The other one I really loved was The Dagger of Amon Ra (plus all of the Leisure Suit Larry games!)

Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out when/if I complete Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.

If you like adventure games with an Egyptian theme I have heard many good things about a pc adventure game called Ankh which came out a few years ago or so. I think they even made a sequel. It was meant to be funny with a good story and stuff.

Many thanks,

Pierre

Hi!

My all time favourite from when I was a kid was The Dark Crystal by Sierra....Gone are the days of those text based video games:

Thanks. I never played that game but will look into it. The only text-base adventure game I played a lot was the Hobbit for the ZX Spectrum. I don't know why I played it a lot since I hardly got anywhere!

Many thanks,

Pierre

10 PRINT "YOU ARE IN A DEEP, DARK FOREST"

20 PRINT "N,S,E,W?"

30 INPUT D$

40 GOTO 10

A complete adventure game written in BASIC, using only four lines of code..

Hi!

10 PRINT "YOU ARE IN A DEEP, DARK FOREST"

20 PRINT "N,S,E,W?"

30 INPUT D$

40 GOTO 10

A complete adventure game written in BASIC, using only four lines of code..

Yes I think every kid who went to primary school did that at some point!

Does anyone remember Zork?
I have heard the name but never played. Will look it up.Many thanks,Pierre

I loved the Zork trilogy. Text-based adventure at its best.

Always remember to Find Your FUN!

-Bob

I can't believe we can have this kind of discussion on AVSIM, I am so happy to see people who played the same games as me when I was young :) If you liked Dark Crystal on Apple II (I mean, Apple ][), you certainly the remember the one that I still remember as being the best: MASQUERADE. Unfortunately, I don't have an Apple II emulator so I can't provide screenshots or videos, but it was a great game !!

BTW, how do you run old PC games? Do they run on XP or do you use DOSBox?

Eric

Hi!

Many thanks for the replies.

I can't believe we can have this kind of discussion on AVSIM, I am so happy to see people who played the same games as me when I was young :) If you liked Dark Crystal on Apple II (I mean, Apple ][), you certainly the remember the one that I still remember as being the best: MASQUERADE. Unfortunately, I don't have an Apple II emulator so I can't provide screenshots or videos, but it was a great game !!

BTW, how do you run old PC games? Do they run on XP or do you use DOSBox?

Eric

Wow is that really you Eric Marciano? I'm stunned! It really is an honor for me to read a post by you sir. I can't begin to tell you how many hours I've enjoyed simming in your freeware A320 series panel! It is the best! Thank you so much for putting it out there. If I had a sister I would offer her to you! But seriously I have flown your A320 panel so much it's not even funny. Thanks so much.

Regarding playing old PC games I'm no expert and only know from the games I've tried to play. Old arcade games for example run excellently on the free Mame32 system with pretty much all the old games both popular and less popular for free ROM download on the internet.

I'm playing Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis on the free ScummVM system which runs fine on my Windows7 laptop. I think it can run a lot more of the Lucasarts adventure games too.

I used to have a good ZX Specturm emulator and Atari ST emulator and Nintendo console emulator all found free online with many roms. Sorry I don't remember the names (the AtariST one was called WinSTon I think).

I had a look for Oregon Trail earlier and found this site:

http://www.virtualapple.org/oregontraildisk.html

I'm not sure if it emulates Apple II but it might be worth a look.

Anyway it really is an honor to hear from you. "Merci bien" for all your FS work.

Many thanks,

Pierre

P.S. I will have a look for Masquerade when/if I finish this Indy adventure!

Thank you for your nice words, I'm so happy you enjoyed my freeware work, this is my best reward.

I found a YouTube video of Masquerade, it reminds me so good souvenirs... Here it is:

Eric

Hi!

Thank you for your nice words, I'm so happy you enjoyed my freeware work, this is my best reward.

I found a YouTube video of Masquerade, it reminds me so good souvenirs...

Eric

My pleasure. I know that A320 panel forwards and backwards I've flown it so much! Although I have never even been in the cockpit of an Airbus aircraft (or any airliner) you really wrote something which captures the character of an Airbus aircraft I think.

I might try Masquerade. The cover and story seem very cool only I find text adventures so hard.

If you like adventure games with a good story there are many great games still coming out these days. If you ever played Pitfall on the Atari console a playstation II game called Pitfall: The Lost Expedition is a lot of fun and extremely playable. Also the King Kong game for Playstation II is good. I have heard many good things about a newer PC game called Ankh but haven't played it yet!

Many thanks.

P.