Sign in to follow this  
Ps762

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (pc game).

I don't play any of those oldies, but there is a "retro" gaming genre that is becoming popular.

These are usually indie games using modern techniques to recreate the style of old style games. Legend of Grimrock is a good example.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Hi!

I don't play any of those oldies, but there is a "retro" gaming genre that is becoming popular.

These are usually indie games using modern techniques to recreate the style of old style games. Legend of Grimrock is a good example.

Many thanks for the reply. I have noticed this a little too that some people seem to be quite into this old style of gaming. Here in the UK I think there is even a magazine in supermarkets called "Retro gaming". I don't really see it as retro though, just games I like playing.

Anyway will check out Grimrock!

Many thanks,

Pierre

My fave was the original Duke Nukem in 3D. I guess it was one of the first walk through games in 3D. I played for hours ....

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Hi!

My fave was the original Duke Nukem in 3D. I guess it was one of the first walk through games in 3D. I played for hours ....

If you like those kinda first first person shooter and you haven't tried it I would reccommend the first Goldeneye game for Nintendo 64 I think it was (I'm not sure). I had an emulator once and downloaded it and it was very good.

Many thanks,

Pierre

Hee hee, the last shooter game I played was Modern Warfare 4. I played multiplayer online until the early hours of the mornings, until which time I realised I was completely addicted and literally had to delete the entire game from my HD!!!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Hi!

Hee hee, the last shooter game I played was Modern Warfare 4. I played multiplayer online until the early hours of the mornings, until which time I realised I was completely addicted and literally had to delete the entire game from my HD!!!

That's cool. I know a lot of guys play online games now and enjoy them but I've never tried. The reason I like computer games to start with is becuase I'm not good with people. The last thing I want to do is interact with others but that's probably just me!

I do have Call of Duty for PC though which I played in a shop once and really enjoyed and then found in the store Game for £5. Will maybe try it out one of these days.

Many thanks,

Pierre

The reason I like computer games to start with is becuase I'm not good with people.

So you have the perfect reason to shoot 'em all!

Howard

Hi!

So you have the perfect reason to shoot 'em all!

Lol! You have a good point however I'm not really that kinda guy!

Many thanks for the tip though!

Pierre

In a game like that the only interaction you have with people is when you kill them, lol. It's just fun playing against another thinking human being instead of a poorly programmed bad guy who you can always predict.

I'm a BF3 person myself and if actually had to interact with the other players I'd probably not play, lol. I can only take so much Internet speak.

"U r such a noob, I totally pwned you" lol

Noah Bryant

Hi!

That's cool. I know a lot of guys play online games now and enjoy them but I've never tried. The reason I like computer games to start with is becuase I'm not good with people. The last thing I want to do is interact with others but that's probably just me!

I do have Call of Duty for PC though which I played in a shop once and really enjoyed and then found in the store Game for £5. Will maybe try it out one of these days.

Many thanks,

Pierre

I am a mighty level 60 Sorceress!! Fear me!!! :P

aion0074s.jpg

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I stopped playing PC games as I found them just too addictive, blimey, FSX is bad enough!

Howard

Hi!

I stopped playing PC games as I found them just too addictive, blimey, FSX is bad enough!

A few years ago I used to play computer games a lot. Mainly flightsim and golf games. But some games like flightsim and stuff are also good education in my opinion too so it's not a total waste of time I don't think!

Many thanks,

Pierre