Sign in to follow this  
RamonB

Replacement GA turboprop with DX10 support.

Hello guys/gals

I moved to DX10 and my Cessna 441 Conquest won’t show exterior textures (known issue).

So now I need a replacement turboprop with DX10 support. (Single or twin)

Could you please opine on the Flight1 Pilatus-PC12, Carenado C90, and the Realair Turbine Duke.

If you have any other, please comment on it too.

Thank you.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "DX-10 Discussions, Hints and Help". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.

Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I posted this topic over at the FSX forum, and apparently it was the wrong forum to ask for advice for a replacement turboprop with DX10 support.

Does anyone here at the DX10 discussion have some advice as to a replacement turboprop?

Thank you.

On the Carenardo C90, the props show up great in DX10. I do not own any of the other products so cannot advise. I'm wondering why the exterior textures are not showing up on your Cessa 441 Conquest. They made one for FS9 and FSX. If you are using the FS9 version, you should be able to see the textures with the Addon_Converter_X program.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim

I have the FSX version, Flight1 is aware of this DX10 preview issue.

The 172, 441 and ATR-42 are not compatible with DX10 preview, and apparently they didn’t do an update.

The exterior is white, but the interior shows up fine.

Announcement from some time ago. Products using Flight Simulator X - Service Pack 2 with DirectX 10 Preview

I'll give the Addon_Converter_X program a try.

Cheers

Could you please opine on the Flight1 Pilatus-PC12, Carenado C90, and the Realair Turbine Duke.

All three work just fine under DX10. I own them all. :wink2:

Great news! You have to understand Flight1 and any other developer is not going to put on the box that their product is compatible with DX10 preview as DX10 preview was never finished by the Microsoft Aces Team. But the products still work. Just don't go back to the commercial developer and tell them you want your money back because it's not fully compatible with DX10.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Oh, I for one don’t want money back; I enjoyed the Cessna 441 for a long time, since it was released for FS9. (my previous post was pointing a known fact)

I’m just looking for a fine replacement turboprop in my fleet, one which shows its liveries with the FSX DX10 unfinished preview.

My old Pilatus is also headed for AI status duty, so I'm getting an F1 Pilatus PC-12 (retrofitted with ISG instruments) and the Carenado Beech C90.

Cheers