Future Product Range

On my birthday that will be one hell of a party hehe

Lucky you! Mine is on 22nd...

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

Sorry to disappointing you guys but...

http://www.usatoday....2012/54879760/1

Saw that. :lol:

Anyway, I sincerely hope PMDG decides to make regional airplanes soon. I'd love to have any Bombardier CRJ in my "hangar", as well as any of my home country's Embraers. Just imagine flying an Embraer 195 in FSX with PMDG quality... ^_^

We are not the least bit concerned about running out of aircraft to make.

Yeah i don't find that hard to believe :P

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

We are not the least bit concerned about running out of aircraft to make.

Yeah, but we'll go ahead and make a wish list composed of every type of aircraft manufactured in the past 50 years anyway. Just in case.

The 787 would be cool... only thing that would be better is an A330... :Whistle: (nothing said... )

regards,

Alexander Marx

Guest BeaverDriver

Well, I guess I'd like to see a top quality (i.e. PMDG) 727. I know, another outfit has done one already, but it's not near the quality PMDG could do. However, from a business standpoint, they'd (PMDG) be crazy to do it. It's old (it IS a classic though!), requires a LOT of coding, is complicated to fly and frankly it may be hard to find any outside of 3rd world nations in 5 years (or sooner - MUCH sooner if those 2012 predictions come true!! :biggrin: ). So while I'd like it, I sure couldn't, in good faith, recommend it. There is a company doing the Dash 8 that really will be next to impossible to beat, but it's been "in development" since before FSX so I wouldn't hold my breath. And, that is to be a Q400. What we really need is a -100. An ATR would also be a good choice as someone mentioned.

Anyway, bottom line is they can only do what they have access to and also what "moves" them. There's nothing harder than trying to do something you have little interest in, so I guess the best thing for us to do is enjoy what we have, sit back and watch where all this goes, and if what they do down the road moves us, then go for it. If not, then stay with what you have. There will be enough variety to please almost everyone, so whatever route they take I'm sure will be successful given the quality of their work. It is fun speculating though, and harmless :smile:

Kelowna Flightcraft fly the 'ol 727 with winglets if I am not mistaken on behalf of Purolator Courier. They also fly the DC-10. Both lovely old birds that I admire and are fun to watch as they pass on final while I am at work. You would be surprised at how many still operate out there.

\Robert Hamlich/

Guest BeaverDriver

That they do! They come east into Hamilton quite a bit as well of course. Yeah, there are still a bunch, but I think they are now being phased out by most larger operators in favour of more efficient machines. I was reading in World Air Cargo News recently where Canjet (I believe it was them) was going the 757 route out of Halifax. Too bad - I love the 727. Used to see them up north a lot. When I was working for one lodge on Great Bear Lake flying the Beaver and 185, I'd be heading to our outpost camp on the northwestern side of the Lake, and every now and then I'd have to watch for the 727-100 that was heading into Plummer's Lodge. They'd cross my path every time, although they were still a few thousand above me. Plummers at that time had a 5,000 ft gravel strip, and their guests used to fly in on the 27. I don't remember whose machine it was now as this was going back to the mid 80's. Good times :)

According to the Mayan calendar there will be no more "then" after 21.12.2012, thus making your question pointless.

Meanwhile you can enjoy the NGX and eventually 77X as much as you can...

Mayas didn't have leap years so their "end of the world" should have happened seven months ago... B)