Sign in to follow this  
WTE_Pharoah

Future Product Range

A Saab 2000 would be nice, faster than the Q400! Cockpit layout as the MD-11 (except auto throttle, instead power modes TOGA, CLB etc)

But I guess not =) maybe a ATP =D

Well the next PMDG Boeing jet will be the 787

I hope so a NGX Quality 787 would be a dream come true for me.

Guest BeaverDriver

Mayas didn't have leap years so their "end of the world" should have happened seven months ago... B)

That's RIGHT! Man, you just can't trust anyone anymore, can you :blush:

:P

PMDG did say that the DC-6 was going to be a part of a product line. Something like the PMDG "Classics". So that leaves us with...DC-4, Connie, maybe an Electra(?)..

Maybe RSR will find something otherworldly connection and make an Enterprise, who knows!

I think I'd fly a Dash-8 if they developed one. I've seen lots and always interested in what's behind closed doors.

I don't think that will happen

Sent using Tapatalk

Mayas didn't have leap years so their "end of the world" should have happened seven months ago... B)

The Mayans stopped their calendar in 2012 because they started getting interested in motorcycles, so now they are riding around on your roads over there (Linkie for those who don't get the reference: http://sonsofanarchy...com/wiki/Mayans )

As for what I would like to see and have is a Dash 8, already got a Dash 7 from Milton Schulpe that is quite excellent, but for a Dash 8 I would liked to have a cargo version of the 100 series.

The reason for me wanting the 100 series is that I got a few airports that are around 400 meters / 1200 feet in length, and the Q400 stand no chance in hell to take off or land at such an airfield.

I wish and only wish that I would have on my main hanger one day; a Boeing fleet starting from B bombers, 377, 707, 710, 717, 720, 727, 737- classics, 747 V2 757, 767, T7(soon), 787, 797 and don't forget the MDs I think PMDG have work load good enough for 20-30 years then they can move to airbus :)

This would be like documenting those amazing Sim. planes to future generations to come after the 21 12 2012 :(

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

so PMDG release the 777 this year (yay!).

Good one! :lol:

WHAT to develop isn't an issue. The main obstacle I see is what you are developing FOR. FSX is already becoming dated. Eventually, it will be the equivalent of playing Pong on a $3000 custom gaming rig. When that happens, I could see the market/interest drying up. What will people think of FSX in 5 years? 8? 10? Would the market slowly shrink to only the "hardcore" fans? Would people still "get into" FSX at that time? Will there be enough of a community to support companies like PMDG?

I'm surprised that another company hasn't seen what Microsoft was able to do with FSX, realize that no one has taken it any further, and used the latest in hardware/software/programming/equipment to create a successor to the Flight Simulator series.

So, wow. I went on a tangent. Sorry about that. Back to the topic,

PMDG could develop anything they want for FSX. After the current lineup, I could see moving in the Airbus direction. I know they stated that they have no plans to do that. But things change. There's already a ton of people screaming "Airbus" from the rooftops. Customer interest is what drives a company's direction. But with that being said, I could also see them going to the past for inspiration. Creating some older aircraft now that they're really pushing the present/future of air travel. Maybe some 27's? 17's? Of course, that's only considering Boeing.

As is usually the case, I'm pretty sure it's impossible to tell what PMDG is thinking or where they're planning on going or when they plan on doing that. Only time will tell.

Sorry if the above was random rambling. This is what happens when you lose the dosing cup for your Nyquil...

I'm surprised that another company hasn't seen what Microsoft was able to do with FSX, realize that no one has taken it any further, and used the latest in hardware/software/programming/equipment to create a successor to the Flight Simulator series.

Ehh... Lockheed Martin are doing P3D proffessional simulator on basis of FSX, and Laminar Research has the X-Plane they wish to push into mainstream. And there are more still.

Luke I agree.... The Dash 8 would fill a huge gap in the model void... Please PMDG... Make the Q4 a priority!

"that's all I have to say about that...." Forrest Gump

Jeff

good to see the responses....again, I was only pondering (as you do whilst at work...and bored). I'm still 50/50 about purchasing Prepar3d...but for $50, its certainly a bargain. I understand you are able to port a good majority of a/c from FSX to P3D due to P3D being FSX v2 or something - that would be awesome. I'm sincerely hoping Lockheed actually develop P3D and make it the FSX that we all dreamed about.

Oh and I keep bringing up the Dash8...yes I know PMDG have canned it, but they got me worked up with the announcement of the Dash8 way back when and left us hanging. Its like foreplay with no sex! lol. There's a huge gap in my hangar between the GA and heavy iron a/c (and no, i don't particularly like the Jetstream) which can only be filled with the Dash and I'm hoping that if I keep mentioning it...and everybody else does, RSR goes 'oh fkg hell..shut up guys, here's your damned Dash8'! :) he he. (hey, dreams are free).

According to the Mayan calendar there will be no more "then" after 21.12.2012, thus making your question pointless.

Meanwhile you can enjoy the NGX and eventually 77X as much as you can...

Did anyone ever stop the think that the Mayans just got sick of counting.....

On topic, I don't think there is a shortage of airplanes that desperately need representation in FSX. Personally, I would like to see a 717 or L1011 or DC-8, etc...