Sign in to follow this  
RudiJG1

Noob user with the MD-11

Hi Will.

First of all, thank you very much for your help! :)

I have my UAC turned off since i installed windows 7. I installed everything outside the program files folder, as administrator, UAC off and in safe mode.i have a specific folder for FS9 and Multi crew in the C:\ I have the IFLY 737 and as you all know, it´s very sensitive to the UAC and Anti virus program, and because of that i chose to install everything in safe mode. On my FS9 computer i dont have any Anti virus installed and i disabled the windows firewall and i dont have also Microsoft Security essencials. I dont use internet on my FS9 computer and i run all the programs that need, like ASEon my laptop networked with my main machine.

I Think that the checklist that i use with the MD11 is the correct one (it´s MD11 only right?).

What is strange for me is that if i give a voice command to show FMC it opens the Autopilot module. Does MCE interact with MD11 by the PMDG kdb.ini, or it has a specific dll?

If i command to change the altitude and heading it doesn´t change nothing and if i try to, for example to turn on the EMER EXT LIGHTS My FO tells me that the switch is already on but is off in reality.

Regards

Mauro Modesto

Apologies Mauro.

Nothing is wrong with your settings.

Interfacing of MD-11 (FS9 edition) is broken right now.

Fortunately it’s only one “if” statement gone wrong (when identifying aircraft).

The result MCE tells fsInsider.dll to load another dll instead of the expected “mcpmd119.dll”. Somehow it ends up loading the dll interfacing ERJ 145.

It explains this :lol:

“What is strange for me is that if i give a voice command to show FMC it opens the Autopilot module”

And no, interfacing doesn’t rely on the keyboard ini for that bird.

Will send you a link (via e-mail) to a working package as soon as possible.

Cheers.

Hi Gerald.

Thank you very much for your help. The MD 11 is the only thing that is not working in MCE and it was driving me crazy, so you can see how much i love MCE... I only fly now with MCE and everything works wonderfull. I will expecting your Email.

Thank you very much for this wonderful program and top notch support.

Regards

Mauro Modesto

Interfacing of MD-11 (FS9 edition) is broken right now.

Good to know. Like Mauro I recently purchased the MD11 and just about to 'give it hell.'

Now I'll wait for the fix and fly the 747 in the meantime.

Hi all.

With this new version the md11 works perfectly...except for one minor glitch...i cant get my fo to makebthe tcas test...i checked the script and the transponder test is present...i tried to test with the script utilit but nothing happens.

Kind regards

Mauro Modesto

Hi all.

With this new version the md11 works perfectly...except for one minor glitch...i cant get my fo to makebthe tcas test...i checked the script and the transponder test is present...i tried to test with the script utilit but nothing happens.

Kind regards

Mauro Modesto

Will do something about it.

I'm not making a new thread since it may be relevant:

A little problem I have with the PMDG MD-11 for FSX, in setting the QNH:

Whenever I say something like "Set Q N H one zero one nine", instead of setting it to 1019, it goes all the opposite way down to the minumum of 948, and I hear (and see) the knob rotating endlessly. The only way to stop the knob rotation (so I can set it myself) is to speak out a "Set Q N H standard".

The strange part is, that the message is correctly recognized, since I read on the "result-bar" at the upper-left corner "set QNH 1019".

This happens only with the QNH knob. Speed, altitude and heading knobs work fine.

Any ideas?

I'm sure they are already working on it.

FS++ could also patch into RAAS (payware or freeway) if active.

A little problem I have with the PMDG MD-11 for FSX, in setting the QNH

Issue confirmed, and now fixed in version 2.5.0.4 uploaded today.

Issue confirmed, and now fixed in version 2.5.0.4 uploaded today.

I can also confirm that it has indeed been fixed, and is now working properly.

Thanks guys.